Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New-ish to triathlon. Aero question
Quote | Reply
Hello out there!

I am newer- 2 years, to the triathlon world, and recently got a tri bike fit for my bike. I have been riding, and anytime i ride more than 20+ miles in aero, my neck and shoulders are so sore. Are there workouts i can do to help this? Will it just take time?

thanks all! Any advice is appreciated!
Quote Reply
Re: New-ish to triathlon. Aero question [JPeeps05] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was talking with my physical therapist about a sore neck when riding in aero recently

At least for me, the problem is that i am rounding my back too much, which means that i am cranking my neck to see up the road.

The answer for me was to work on thoracic (mid-chest) flexibility.

I have some exercises to start building strength and flexibility (think foam roller perpendicular to spine at shoulder blades and windshield wiper motions with the knees)

I guess that is the long way of saying check your bike fit and look at flexibility.

I do the same thing as them, just slower
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For me....it just takes time. I usually go through this every spring. Good luck and stick with it.
Quote Reply
Re: New-ish to triathlon. Aero question [skot123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
skot123 wrote:
I was talking with my physical therapist about a sore neck when riding in aero recently

At least for me, the problem is that i am rounding my back too much, which means that i am cranking my neck to see up the road.

The answer for me was to work on thoracic (mid-chest) flexibility.

I have some exercises to start building strength and flexibility (think foam roller perpendicular to spine at shoulder blades and windshield wiper motions with the knees)

I guess that is the long way of saying check your bike fit and look at flexibility.

This.

Edit: it will help you with your swimming too.
Last edited by: GreenPlease: Aug 6, 18 17:09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JPeeps05 wrote:
...recently got a tri bike fit for my bike. I have been riding, and anytime i ride more than 20+ miles in aero, my neck and shoulders are so sore.
Rule # 3 of Slowtwitch: Your bike fit is wrong.

Not because you're sore, just because it is. :D
Quote Reply
Re: New-ish to triathlon. Aero question [skot123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is great advice, thank you!
Quote Reply
Re: New-ish to triathlon. Aero question [Ktri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I will. This sport is addicting, or maybe I just have an addictive personality. Who knows.
Quote Reply