Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Need tire rim help
Quote | Reply
So I’m looking at a pair of Chinese carbon wheels for gravel riding. The wheel is 25mm outside width and 21mm inside. I need it to fit a 35mm tire. Should that work? Seller says tire width is 19-25 max how can that be?

Also, wheels will be run tubeless. Thanks for your input.
Quote Reply
Re: Need tire rim help [justtrime] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My CX bike came with 21mm internal width rims, so ya it should work fine. The big question I have is if we will see a big industry shift to an even wider internal width. On Josh's podcast he predicted that road bikes will settle on a 28-30mm wide tire. That seems pretty wide compared to the current crop of "wide" rims.

When and if this happens is anyone's guess, but Silca doesn't even have tubeless rim tape for anything super wide yet, so I don't expect it anytime too soon.
Quote Reply
Re: Need tire rim help [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great. Thanks. Yeah, I checked Zipp 303's for example just for comparison and they had similar dimensions and people put wide tires on those wheels all the time. I mean, I would think most wheels now adays are about 19-21 internal and 23-25 external. Maybe they are just being conservative or maybe they are using high pressure, tubes/tires setup numbers rather than low pressure, tubeless numbers.
Quote Reply
Re: Need tire rim help [justtrime] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are they tubeless compatible?
Quote Reply
Re: Need tire rim help [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes they are.
Quote Reply