Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Need help with sizing/bike fit for Junior rider
Quote | Reply
So, my son is getting more into biking and currently riding a Raleigh RX24 which is a pretty cool bike for its size. It's light enough for him to handle well, but it looks as if he is outgrowing this bike and I'm thinking of getting something bigger for him to ride and grow into. Looking for something that will handle Cyclocross/Gravel and does not weigh a ton (<20lbs). I was looking at the Canyon website and the Inflite would work but I'm unsure of the fit. Anyone have any suggestions or experience with this? Thanks.

His measurements: (no shoes)
Height: 140.3 cm
Inseam: 71.1 cm
Arm length: 50.8 cm
Shoulder width: 33.6 cm
Torso: 47 cm
weight: 33 kg
Quote Reply
Re: Need help with sizing/bike fit for Junior rider [KONO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't imagine how a Canyon Inflite would come close to fitting him.
Quote Reply
Re: Need help with sizing/bike fit for Junior rider [KONO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KONO wrote:
So, my son is getting more into biking and currently riding a Raleigh RX24 which is a pretty cool bike for its size. It's light enough for him to handle well, but it looks as if he is outgrowing this bike and I'm thinking of getting something bigger for him to ride and grow into. Looking for something that will handle Cyclocross/Gravel and does not weigh a ton (<20lbs). I was looking at the Canyon website and the Inflite would work but I'm unsure of the fit. Anyone have any suggestions or experience with this? Thanks.

His measurements: (no shoes)
Height: 140.3 cm
Inseam: 71.1 cm
Arm length: 50.8 cm
Shoulder width: 33.6 cm
Torso: 47 cm
weight: 33 kg

My kid is about the same height and she is riding a 49 inch 700c cross bike that's a tad big on her and a XS Giant Liv road frame, 700c. Do you have a junior program in the area? I would see if anyone is selling a used bike and save yourself some money as the kiddo will grow out of it pretty quick. The resale value buying used is much better than buying new. Canyon does have a fit guide where you can plug those numbers in and it will spit out a frame size. I wouldn't be surprised if their very smallest frame does the trick. . . but that's a lot of money for a bike the kid will grow out of in a season or two. And don't worry about the weight, it's going to be suck no matter what with how small the kids are. I feel so bad for those kids in the muddy races, sometimes the bike weights more than them.
Quote Reply