Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Need help - tubeless tire removal
Quote | Reply
Put a set of Specialized SWorks tubeless tires on HED Ardennes Plus wheels, Orange Seal sealant.

One ride, 40 miles.

Trying to remove them to put different tires on. Front tire no problem. Popped the beads and could take it off easily. Rear tire seems glued to the rim. Finally soaked the wheel in hot water (figured sealant water water solvable, so couldn’t hurt) and could get one side off. Still can’t get the other bead off. Soaked for an hour without the bead budging

Any suggestions?
Last edited by: Tri-Bum: Sep 25, 20 9:02
Quote Reply
Re: Need help - tubeless tire removal [Tri-Bum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
do you have the beads of the tire pushed into the center channel of the rim all the way around? The beads on both sides of the tire should basically be touching one another all the way around, except at the valve (the valve will be in the way of the two tire beads touching). That's step one. Then, try to remove the tire near the valve. That should give you the most amount of slack.
Quote Reply
Re: Need help - tubeless tire removal [rob_bell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From his description, it sounds like the bead is glued by the sealant to the rim/bead-lock and he can't get it come loose....even after soaking in warm water for an hour.

So, I don't think he's getting to the point where he's trying to get the tire bead OVER the edge of the rim.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You could always pump it to 100+ psi then try and make it burb. Will be messy though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windex (with ammonia) cleans sealant quite well. try pinching the tire bead together into the center channel.
Quote Reply
Re: Need help - tubeless tire removal [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
windex (with ammonia) cleans sealant quite well. try pinching the tire bead together into the center channel.

I tried it and the bead came unglued. Thanks. Once the bead was unglued I could remove the tire easily.
Quote Reply