Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Need Help, Tacx Neo started smoking today
Quote | Reply
5 minutes into my ride today I could smell something was burning and then noticed white Smoke coming out of the Tacx Neo.
Unit is about 2 years old, I don't ride that often...3-4 times per week right now but have not used the unit that much.
Red Light Is flashing at the back indicating a power issue...

I did google the info and emailed support@tacx.com as well as contacted my dealer but might get faster response here...
I did notice by connecting app that unit had not been updated in a while...

Any insight would be appreciated...
Quote Reply
Re: Need Help, Tacx Neo started smoking today [sportstats] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Umm, not sure what you expect. Have you tried sticking a nicotine patch over the vents?

The thing is toast, and will need to be serviced/replaced via the shop you bought it from (if local) or via couriering back to Tacx / the national distributor. Smoke out of a mains electrical appliance is generally not the sort of thing that has a user servicable solution.
Quote Reply
Re: Need Help, Tacx Neo started smoking today [Duncan74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is what I figured, shop is great and providing me a loaner while it’s getting serviced
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sportstats wrote:
5 minutes into my ride today I could smell something was burning and then noticed white Smoke coming out of the Tacx Neo.
Unit is about 2 years old, I don't ride that often...3-4 times per week right now but have not used the unit that much.
Red Light Is flashing at the back indicating a power issue...

I did google the info and emailed support@tacx.com as well as contacted my dealer but might get faster response here...
I did notice by connecting app that unit had not been updated in a while...

Any insight would be appreciated...

From what they list for the red flashing led this is a brake failure. We have two Neos. One of them worked great out of the box and has kept going for about 14 months. The second one failed with the red flashing led in the first half hour of use. This was returned and replaced. The replacement also failed in the first half hour of use. Number 3 is still going after about a year of use. There was some anecdotal info online that suggested the brake failures can come from dropping the unit. Makes sense for ours that shipped, but doesn't explain the issue with yours. I'm sure between the dealer and Tacx they'll get you sorted.
Quote Reply
Re: Need Help, Tacx Neo started smoking today [SummitAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ve had mine for 2 years and almost 13k miles. No issues (except a bolt cracking on non-drive side )

Hope yours gets sorted out quickly

A broken trainer is the worst
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you sure it wasn’t just vaping? All jokes aside I’m glad your dealer is working with you to resolve the issue.
Quote Reply
Re: Need Help, Tacx Neo started smoking today [SummitAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep the more I read on this now the more it is pointing to this. Good news is I will have a replacement in the meantime . Once Tacx isolates the issue I will post a note back here .... thanks
Quote Reply