Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Need Clear mind to help make decision
Quote | Reply
I'm considering purchasing a new bike, so I was doing some research...I did a google search for 'Cervelo P2C' and found a press release from overseas - they are advertising several brands of bikes for far less than I can find anywhere else.
I'm just curious if anyone has done business with this company in the past. The person I have been in contact with is Kelvinson Williams - his email is cyclingstore@live.com I also have his phone number.
Its one of those that it's 'almost too good to be true' - so I'm skeptical that its legitimate. Can anyone put my mind at ease here.
Any comments are welcome.
Quote Reply
Re: Need Clear mind to help make decision [Willingtotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Website? link to the press releases?

I chased a deal about 9 months ago and after doing a little more research had more than a hunch that it was corrupt as could be. Europe makes it tough (different laws, etc) to try and get your money back should something go wrong.

2 other things to consider: How much is peace of mind worth to you? and if it seems to good to be true it might be...

Best of luck.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When in doubt, buy local.

RV
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seems fishy to me. I can't put my finger on why though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kelvinson Williams

Sounds like a Nigerian prince...

blood, sweat...and big gears

I hated every minute of training, but I said, ''Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.''
- Muhammad Ali
Quote Reply
Re: Need Clear mind to help make decision [Macho Grande] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is there not a website? Not sure how legit this sounds....give us the details on the deal you are getting and we will let you know if it sounds possible - if you are too embarrassed to post the details, then you are right...its too good to be true. Good luck.
Quote Reply
Re: Need Clear mind to help make decision [show pony] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.free-press-release.com/...2008-1252334192.html

You mean this "kelvinson"?

$1400 for an Ultegra P2C....hrm.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry...but anytime a reputable dealer needs to use a free email hosting service, I get a little suspicious. I am usually dead on about these things. Doesn't sound legit to me.
Quote Reply
Re: Need Clear mind to help make decision [M~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In my experience (I go back home once/year) everything bike related is at least 25% more expensive in Europe.
And considering the current $/Eur rate even worse
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Based on everyone elses's posts definitely sounds like a scam.

In regard to buying Bikes and Parts online from Europe. I bought my Campy Veloce Groupset on my Road bike from a place in Ireland. They shipped fast and cheap and everything was perfect and new. They were great and still are, I reccomend them wholeheartedly www.totalcycling.com

THAT SAID. One of my shifters broke after a year. Campagnolo NA won't touch it because it was bought in Europe, so I had to send it BACK to Ireland who then had to send it back to Italy. That was August 18th, I spoke to Totalcycling today and they still haven't gotten my shifter back from Campy. I saved about $300 over buying the group in the US, which is big. But if you have any problems and need to warranty anything it will be a large time expense for you. To me, I have a race bike also so it wasn't such a huge deal, as I was still able to compete. But I miss my road bike!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
from the site:
Quote:
they are all brand new and it comes in factory box with all it complete accessories in it..
You will never see your money or bike... ever.

Erik
Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Support your local store. You'll be happier in the long run. Better yet, buy my 08 P2c (it's for sale) and support me!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keep moving forward, just keep moving forward...

~~ I am no longer broken... ~~
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This also came from their site..I would invest your money in this: http://www.free-press-release.com/...book-1253508312.html
Quote Reply
Re: Need Clear mind to help make decision [djciii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WTF is that!?! "A vicarious extension..." what??? That link was DEFINITLY worth reading the while thread to get to!

People never cease to amaze me.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Triathlon is for people who can't handle drugs and alcohol." -IMFL t-shirt

The Dude Abides...
Quote Reply
Re: Need Clear mind to help make decision [Raul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You will have to buy Robert Cock's book to get further details.
Quote Reply
Re: Need Clear mind to help make decision [djciii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Buy it? I'd rather go to the library and request they order it so I can get it for free, just to see the look on the librarians face!

------------------------------------------------------------
"Triathlon is for people who can't handle drugs and alcohol." -IMFL t-shirt

The Dude Abides...
Quote Reply
Re: Need Clear mind to help make decision [mcdoublee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
they are all brand new and it comes in factory box with all it complete accessories in it..

Ditto.

From the land of Shakespeare, and that is what the site puts in quotes???

Run, don't walk, away.

Behold the turtle! He makes progess only when he sticks his neck out. (James Bryant Conant)
GET OFF THE F*%KING WALL!!!!!!! (Doug Stern)
Brevity is the soul of wit. (William Shakespeare)
Quote Reply