Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Nationals 2021, new thread.
Quote | Reply
Thought I'd start a new thread. Bumping last years confused me this AM with the cancellation title.

Did any of you accidentally get registered for 2021 and 2022? I opted my 2020 for 2021, but got email today saying I'm registered for both. My USAT account has me for 2022. My active account has me for 2021 and 2022. It said that I registered for 2022 on 3/11/2021. I'm going to reach out to USAT to figure out what's going on.
Quote Reply
Re: Nationals 2021, new thread. [hubcaps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Going.

Grew up in Milwaukee so lodging is the right price for me staying with the folks. Love the lakefront area as well so should be a very nice course however they do it.

My stretch goal for the year is to nab a top-10 in the M 35-39 AG. I'll really need to nail my training and get a spot of luck, but what's the point of having goals if they're not going to push you?
Quote Reply
Re: Nationals 2021, new thread. [hubcaps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i somehow qualified for both sprint and oly. If i didnt already have a full calendar that was purposefully built to lead up to IM cozumel i would heavily consider going to the oly distance race.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Nationals 2021, new thread. [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i somehow qualified for both sprint and oly
---

I didn't think you had to qualify for the sprint. I thought it was just a race put on for anyone to sign up and compete.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Nationals 2021, new thread. [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri-Banter wrote:
---

I didn't think you had to qualify for the sprint. I thought it was just a race put on for anyone to sign up and compete.

no idea... i got a separate email for each race saying i "qualified".

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri-Banter wrote:
---

My email specifically said I had qualified for the sprint race, but who knows. I thought about it a lot yesterday and after talking with the missus and getting the nod, I went and signed up. I'm really looking forward to it after reading about how great the whole event is supposed to be. Kind of wish the bike was draft legal to switch things up a bit, but c'est la vie.

If anyone else here is going and want to grab beers Sunday the first two rounds are on me.

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Re: Nationals 2021, new thread. [Callin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Callin' wrote:
Tri-Banter wrote:
---

My email specifically said I had qualified for the sprint race, but who knows. I thought about it a lot yesterday and after talking with the missus and getting the nod, I went and signed up. I'm really looking forward to it after reading about how great the whole event is supposed to be. Kind of wish the bike was draft legal to switch things up a bit, but c'est la vie.

If anyone else here is going and want to grab beers Sunday the first two rounds are on me.

Also going, so should be fun to see some of you. Having watched it a few times, I knew I didn't want to pass this year as it's an awesome venue for both racers and spectators. Parking is close, lodging affordable and it's likely quite inexpensive compared to many locations.

Kiwami Racing Team
Quote Reply
Re: Nationals 2021, new thread. [Callin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kind of wish the bike was draft legal to switch things up a bit, but c'est la vie. //

From my recollections and RR's here, it kind of is, so suppose you can choose how to race.

I would like to do the race with you, but it looks like qualifying now is for the next year, so it will have to wait. No big deal, gives all these races a year to sort out how they are going to go forward in the future now anyway..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri-Banter wrote:
---

USAT changed it a couple of years ago so that you had to qualify for sprints, but the qualification is basically a roll-down from Olympic distance qualifiers. So it's impossible to qualify for Olympics without also qualifying for Sprints. Olympic is the top 25% of your age group, Sprint is the top 35% of your age group at a USAT-sanctioned race at any distance.

That being said, there is also a "Time to Tri" wave at each race that is completely open to anyone to register and does not require any qualification. However, the Time to Tri waves are ineligible for awards and Team USA.
Last edited by: TheMan232: Mar 16, 21 10:02
Quote Reply