Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: National Harbor 70.3 canned [tri.harder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tri.harder wrote:
While I had hoped to shoot for a Vegas slot, I'm all ears on non Mdot races. I'm in Philadelphia, would like to drive, and 7ish hours is probably my driving time radius. Need something between late July and early September to fit into my season. Ideas?

Tupper Lake
Musselman
Morgantown
Rev3
Quote Reply
Re: National Harbor 70.3 canned [kny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lake George
Rev3 Maine
Shoreman
Quakerman
Rev3 Cedar Point
Patriots Half (Williamsburg, VA)

http://www.trifind.com/iron-h.html?page=2

IG: idking90
Quote Reply
Re: National Harbor 70.3 canned [ian10] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rev3 Columbia MD.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Around the Bay:

Skipjack in Cambridge (Tri Columbia)
Waterman's Half in Indian Head (Set Up Events)

Both are in late Sept or early Oct. The google has all the details.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Steelhead! GREAT race on August 19th! Z
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trifind.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tri.harder wrote:
While I had hoped to shoot for a Vegas slot, I'm all ears on non Mdot races. I'm in Philadelphia, would like to drive, and 7ish hours is probably my driving time radius. Need something between late July and early September to fit into my season. Ideas?

Rev3 Cedar Point in early August. Cool venue, I'd guess right at the edge of your driving radius. Stay an extra day and go to the park...best coaster park in the world.
Quote Reply
Re: National Harbor 70.3 canned [Sean11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sean11 wrote:
tri.harder wrote:

Rev3 Cedar Point in early August. Cool venue, I'd guess right at the edge of your driving radius. Stay an extra day and go to the park...best coaster park in the world.

Hope your training schedule is not laid out for you to peak for this race....it is Sept. 9, not early August.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: National Harbor 70.3 canned [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Typo. Meant early September.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you don't care about setting a PR, but wouldn't mind the opportunity to be permanently immortalized in a road, SavageMan should be on your list. Of course, you have to HTFU because it's hilly as hell.

I'm involved in the race production, so will let others do the talking...
http://www.racevine.com/...n-triathlon-festival
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is the shoreman half just across the river Sep 8th. Its put on by DQtri and I would trust it just because of the other races I've done with them. In fact I think I just talked myself into it.

I'm in south NJ by the way at the bottom of the NJ TP
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kny wrote:
If you don't care about setting a PR, but wouldn't mind the opportunity to be permanently immortalized in a road, SavageMan should be on your list. Of course, you have to HTFU because it's hilly as hell.

I'm involved in the race production, so will let others do the talking...
http://www.racevine.com/...n-triathlon-festival[/quote]

And you guys put on an awesome event! I raced it last year, and felt it was of equal quality with Musselman, and possibly better than the only WTC event I've done.

For anyone looking to replace National Harbor, and has the guts to switch from that flat course to something a little more challenging, definitely check out Savageman.

I'd also recommend Musselman, but I believe it's sold out. If it's not, and you can get in, It's worth the trip to the Finger Lakes.

USAT Lvl1 Coach, NSCA-CPT, NASM-CPT, BS Exercise Science
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tri.harder wrote:

Delaware Diamondman? It's going to be my first half, I heard it is well run.
Quote Reply
Re: National Harbor 70.3 canned [ElGordo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As a marketing professional for over 25 years, I've seen my share of clients who have had do to crisis management and damage control from time to time. However, WSEM's handling of the IM 70.3 National Harbor cancellation is by far one of the most perplexing--to put it mildly--instances of poor crisis management I've seen. They've had over 48 hours to formulate a response to athletes and sponsors, but have done neither. Instead, they've pulled down the IM 70.3 National Harbor FB page--which would have been one of the better places to post their response and engage with angry "customers"--and remained reticent. Not only that, but it's now forced those angry athletes to voice their displeasure on The Nation's Triathlon (no longer owned by WSEM) page that is supposed to support the only triathlon associated with WSEM that still remains unsullied (I think WSEM still manages the race). As I would tell any of my clients--that's not a good strategy. Race directors rely on the goodwill of athletes, who act as brand ambassadors by promoting their races by word of mouth. I'm afraid they've severely damaged themselves in that regard. Furthermore, WSEM not only risks losing a substantial number of athletes who are their customer base for future events, but they risk losing sponsors who will now be hesitant to have their name attached to anything they do. People are willing to forgive mistakes (although there will be those who will continue to hold a grudge). What they are not willing to forgive is being ignored. It tells them you don't care. WSEM and Chuck Brodsky can perhaps still salvage their reputation in this very active (and financially powerful) triathlon community here in DC and just tell us what happened. We paid over $300 to do this race. We are owed more than a cursory note and dodging answers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do Savageman, it stands as my PW and one of the all time best races I have done. Ever.

http://www.johnhirsch.org
http://www.stronglikebulltraining.com
Quote Reply
Re: National Harbor 70.3 canned [sinkinswimmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sinkinswimmer wrote:
Trifind.com
Thank you for teaching to fish!
Quote Reply
Re: National Harbor 70.3 canned [BrianRunsPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Diamondman rocks. Did it twice. No crowds. You park about 50' from the finish line. Very laid back event and well run.
Quote Reply
Re: National Harbor 70.3 canned [a_thomasmr23] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had just signed up for it the day before it was cancelled, not a very smooth move by WTC as people could still register the day after it was cancelled.

There are several races that are held around that time frame in the central Atlantic area. I am probably going to replace IM National Harbor with the Half Full Rev 3 race on October 7 or the Patriots Half on September 8. There are other races too, like the ChesapeakeMan series on Sept 29, and IM August on Sept 30.

Still sux that National Harbor was nixed, the start line was about 20 minutes from my apartment.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
too bad too sad... Would have been a nice venue.
Quote Reply
Re: National Harbor 70.3 canned [John Hirsch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
John Hirsch wrote:
Do Savageman, it stands as my PW and one of the all time best races I have done. Ever.

Did you make it up the wall?
Quote Reply
Re: National Harbor 70.3 canned [cowardlydragon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, had a great swim and got over the wall to earn my brick but the rest of the race was awful for me; but I slugged it out to make sure my brick goes up. I went from 3rd to 600th!

Pain and the shame of walking the run is tempory: bricks and glory is forever.
Quote Reply
Re: National Harbor 70.3 canned [a_thomasmr23] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dear WTC--When will we be getting an explanation about what happened with Ironman 70.3 National Harbor? While what happened may not initially be WTC's fault, you own the brand and--given that the race director, Chuck Brodsky, and his company WSEM seem to have skipped town--you are now the unfortunate owners of this mess. Brodsky and WSEM have taken down all their sites and gone completely dark, so we athletes are left with no other recourse but to turn to WTC for answers--and restitution. We are entitled to answers. And while you may not have all of them, to simply ignore our questions is unacceptable and unfair. We signed up for a race because we put our faith in the race director and the Ironman brand. The race director let us down. Please don't be next.
Quote Reply
Re: National Harbor 70.3 canned [triannasaurus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is anyone really expecting to get a full refund?

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Re: National Harbor 70.3 canned [Billabong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not really. Given that nearly all of WSEM's website have gone completely dark, I suspect that there will be no refunds to be had. I'm not counting on getting my money back. However, good brand management would dictate that a fair effort would be made to compensate those athletes who paid the $325 entry fee--perhaps by giving athletes "free" entry into other IM 70.3 events (given that we've already paid--and yes, I realize that we haven't paid that specific race director--but that would be up to WTC to figure out). They did it in the case of Miami 70.3.
Quote Reply
Re: National Harbor 70.3 canned [Billabong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Billabong wrote:
Is anyone really expecting to get a full refund?

I didn't sign up for this but whenever I don't get the service I pay for, I dispute the charge with the credit card company. If IM doesn't provide info in a reasonable timeframe, you have that option.
Quote Reply

Prev Next