Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Narrow-stance short cranks for BB90
Quote | Reply
I wanted to try some position changes on the Speed Concept, but the BB90 bottom bracket standard really limits choices. Are any of the track cranks available that fit the magic trifecta of 165 mm, narrow stance and BB90 compatibility?
Quote Reply
Re: Narrow-stance short cranks for BB90 [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have used a Miche Pistard Air track crankset on my 2014 Speed Concept. No problem with the crank (you'll need to get a road 144BCD chainring), but I switched back to a 2x crank for other reasons.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SRAM omnium (~145 Q factor), or some sort of Rotor solution (they make both 1x and track) should work, but I don’t have experience with either on a trek bb90.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
grumpier.mike wrote:
I wanted to try some position changes on the Speed Concept, but the BB90 bottom bracket standard really limits choices. Are any of the track cranks available that fit the magic trifecta of 165 mm, narrow stance and BB90 compatibility?

your Q for just about all the bikes is between 145mm and 150mm. campy historically trends toward the 145mm. what you could do is move to a shorter pedal spindle, if you have clearance between your shoe and the crank. if you moved to 150mm speedplay spindles, while it does't change the Q, it sort of simulates taking a 145mm Q down to 139mm.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Last edited by: Slowman: Jun 20, 20 6:37
Quote Reply