Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Name of early Profile up front hydration that was ruled a fairing
Quote | Reply
Does anyone remember the name of the Profile hydration system from the 90s that was ruled to be a fairing. I was discussing with a friend and can't find any pictures or references on the web, but I can't remember what it was called.
Quote Reply
Re: Name of early Profile up front hydration that was ruled a fairing [offpiste.reese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't recall an upfront hydration system, but Profile had the Bullet Bar was deemed a fairing by Tri-Fed's/USAT's Safety & Rules Committee.

#swimmingmatters
Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind.
The Doctor (#12)

Quote Reply
Re: Name of early Profile up front hydration that was ruled a fairing [offpiste.reese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was called the “Bullet Bar.” It was a clip on aero with a drink reservoir integrated into the bar. The front of the reservoir was shaped like the hull of a boat and the reservoir extended beyond the sides on the bars.

Habitual line stepper.
Quote Reply
Re: Name of early Profile up front hydration that was ruled a fairing [zeusrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What I was thinking of was called the Fuel Cell, which was just the reservoir. I don't remember the Bullet Bar, but it may have been the same reservoir integrated with bars.
Last edited by: offpiste.reese: May 30, 20 14:16
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There was also one from Vision/FSA that had the same function and was similarly banned.
Quote Reply
Re: Name of early Profile up front hydration that was ruled a fairing [davetallo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are these things banned for tri?

I can't even find anything about the Fuel Cell or Bullet Bar on google. Does anyone have pictures of bikes with them mounted? Maybe I'm just too young or started too late to have seen these.
Quote Reply