Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

NY Tri Clydesdale & Athena
Quote | Reply
For some reason they sent the Clydes off by Age group instead of as a group. And as I have read from previous post and observed. The 40-44 mens went off at 6:02 and had some river current and a temp. of 80 degrees when they were running in the park. I went off in the very last wave @ 7:54 with the men 45-49. There was no river current and it was 93 in the park when I finished @ the park. I haven't seen the results yet to see what age group won in the 40 and up Clydes. But I know that I came out of the water within 2 min. of the person who won the 45-49 AG. I did not even break into the top 20 in the Clydes division and I have a feeling that the finish time for the 40 & up Clydes was faster than the 45-49 mens AG finish time which was 12 mins slower than last year. Did anyone else in the Clydes div. feel the RD had not set up a level field in which to compete on?
Quote Reply
Re: NY Tri Clydesdale & Athena [wbedward] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Definetly agree with you. I was in the Clydes under 39 group, but started in the M 35-39. The Clydes in the M 20-24 and 25-29 had better conditions than us. The over 40 was worse though - with M 40-44 starting so early and the M 45-49 starting last.

I looked at average swim times - M 40-44 had an average swim time around 21 minutes. M 35-59 had an average swim time of 32 minutes. The average bike times for both groups were about the same.

Basically each age group had their own race and because the clydes were spread out in their age groups instead of their own wave the field was not level. The earlier you started - the better the conditions.
Quote Reply
Re: NY Tri Clydesdale & Athena [gwitherow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the confermation. I just when through the result. I was 24th. in the Clydes 40 and over. Of the Clydes in the 45-49 I was 4th. The div. was won by a 41 with a swim 15:52. The fastest 45-49 clyde was 27:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This thread should be called "Cry like a little fat bitch here"

WWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: NY Tri Clydesdale & Athena [celticfan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

I would have gone with "Cry like a big biatch here," but I totally agree. I'm sorry their race got all fractured, but they got to race through New York City! It's hard to listen to people complain about that.

-------------------------------
Ignorance is bliss until they take your bliss away.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ARGH!!!!

(1) "I rode into a pothole and my bike broke...it is someone else's fault and whom can I sue?."

(2) "I looked down and saw jellyfish in the water and when I jumped in and swam through them it wasn't fun, whom can I sue?."

(3) "The special catagory they set up for me based on my weight made me compete with others my age."

(4) <insert any of a number of recent threads/posts here>

Good Lord, people!!!! I am the slowest of the slow....total BOP ( and could race Athena if I wanted to)....

....but I am embarrassed by all this whining and blame-placing.

Go race and have fun. If the conditions don't suit you, don't race. You're not entitled to anything but a chance to compete on a course free from obvious and known hazards. (Potholes, faster athletes and jelly fish in their natural environment are not hazards, in my educated opinion).
Quote Reply
Re: NY Tri Clydesdale & Athena [celticfan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

just looking at your username and I have to wonder, is "celtic" a euphemism for "Swim" I never heard about?

-----------------------------------------------
www.true-motion.com Triathlete Casual Wear since 2007
(Twitter/FB)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At big ass super tris like NY and Chicago the conditions will change due to the large number of waves. It's as level as they can make it.
Quote Reply