Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

NOP shutting down
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: NOP shutting down [hubcaps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe too late for that. On a somewhat related topic, why did Nathan Ritzenheid change his name to Dathan Ritzenhein?
Quote Reply
Re: NOP shutting down [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmm, I don't know. Why did Nathan Ritzenheid change his name to Dathan Ritzenhein?
Last edited by: TriA6: Oct 10, 19 18:49
Quote Reply
Re: NOP shutting down [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lol. Auto correct?

He seems to be supportive of findings USADA vs Nike's stance:

https://twitter.com/.../1181348000762912770
Quote Reply
Re: NOP shutting down [TriA6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My actual name is Lerbert Krabeh :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe they’ll have a big clearance on their NOP branded stuff! I don’t care if it’s tainted, I’ll buy it and wear it to sweat in at the right price.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hubcaps wrote:
Lol. Auto correct?

He seems to be supportive of findings USADA vs Nike's stance:

https://twitter.com/.../1181348000762912770

Not auto correct- look at his handle- @djritzenhein
Quote Reply
Re: NOP shutting down [Parkland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good point. My Livestrong stuff that is getting pretty threadbare.
Last edited by: TriA6: Oct 10, 19 19:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hubcaps wrote:
Damage control from Nike:

https://www.runnersworld.com/...down-oregon-project/

Honestly all seems like a facade. They will continue to run the program under Pete Julian with the same support group, same athletes, same Nike resources. This is just a smoke screen to give some distance between Nike and Salazar.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The complete text via letsrun

Quote:
Mark Parker wrote:

Team,
As you know, last week I shared my thoughts on the recent USADA ruling regarding Alberto Salazar and The Oregon Project.

I want to reiterate that Nike has always tried to put the athlete and their needs at the front of all our decisions. While the panel found there was no orchestrated doping, no finding that performance enhancing drugs have ever been used on Oregon Project athletes and went out of its way to note Alberto’s desire to follow all rules, unfortunately, Alberto can no longer coach while the appeal is pending.

This situation, along with ongoing unsubstantiated assertions, is a distraction for many of the athletes and is compromising their ability to focus on their training and competition needs. I have therefore made the decision to wind down the Oregon Project. We will help all of our athletes in this transition as they choose the coaching set up that is right for them.

And, as we have said, we will continue to support Alberto in his appeal as a four-year suspension for someone who acted in good faith is wrong.

Thanks,

Mark Parker
Chairman, President and CEO, NIKE, Inc.

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mary Cain speaks out in NYT video, and says the NOP system was physically and emotionally abusive for young women

https://www.nytimes.com/...nning-mary-cain.html

Pretty fucked up that she in such bad shape while in the program that she was cutting herself and no one [none of the men, anyway] seemed to care

Quote Reply
Re: NOP shutting down [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just saw that as well. Fair to say there is probably more to come out about salazar slythering about doing shitty things. I will say that while I don't doubt leadership turned a blind eye to what he and NOP was doing, we haven't seen anything come out of BTC/OTC that is anything close to NOP type things.

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Re: NOP shutting down [TriA6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriA6 wrote:
Hmm, I don't know. Why did Nathan Ritzenheid change his name to Dathan Ritzenhein?

it's always been Dathan
Quote Reply
Re: NOP shutting down [mgreer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mgreer wrote:
TriA6 wrote:

it's always been Dathan

It's actually the other way around; "Nathan Ritzenheid" is his Witness Protection Program name

Quote Reply