Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
NEW 2004 P2k's for $600
Quote | Reply
I have no affiliation what so ever with the store but I ran into this sale: http://www.insideoutsports.com/product.aspx?storeid=&eventid=0&sku=105554

I need a 51, not a 54 so I thought I would pass it on. If you wanna pass along the money you save that would be great so I can afford my first tri bike!
Quote Reply
Re: NEW 2004 P2k's for $600 [moreymadness] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Holy crap.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did someone find an unopened box with a bunch of bikes in it?

Re: NEW 2004 P2k's for $600 [last tri in 83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
650 ONLY as well......
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Take a look at the wheel size thou. It is 650 and not 700 so that rules me out as I would have bought it if it had 700 wheels.

If you do not care about wheel size then this is a screaming deal and if no one snaps it up they are crazy.
Last edited by: Bman: Oct 20, 06 12:22
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://www.insideoutsports.com/...tid=0&sku=105553

what year is this model? Without getting into the whole you need to get a bike that fits, any rough guide for a proportionate male 5'9 155 ibs, thinking 54.
Quote Reply
Re: NEW 2004 P2k's for $600 [Tri Poseur] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe I should have bought all of them and then resold them and bought a bike with the profit. Cats out of the bag now...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
those are my approximate measurements too and i was told by SBR multisport in NYC that i needed a 51 for the P2K and for the P2C

Quote | Reply
2002 Same bike that I bought 4 years ago. The last year they made the tri-specific One. The next year had drop bars and was a tri/road hybrid. Then in 2005 they dropped the One all together and went with the Dual.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's an absolute steal.

Darn good thing I recently sold my 2001 54cm P2K on ebay for double that. I figure in another year or two the aluminium Cervelo P2K's and P3's won't be worth much on the market.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's an amazing price. I think it's even a good price for the frameset. Too bad I'm broke. It seems the p2k is a much better deal than the One even though the P2K only has one size. I'm sure some people will be THRILLED to see this. thanks for posting it.

berndog
How did we all get sucked into this crazy sport anyway?!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
oh my. That is incredible, $250 less than what I paid for my USED Hilo two years ago. Damn! I have 650C race wheels too...hmm...

mm
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow! What a steal - I'm passing this along to a few that ride 650s (but the 54 size is odd with 650s)

Quote | Reply
Not gonna lie, kinda impulse bought, but i've been looking to upgrade to cervelo from my raleigh for a while now. But is it really an upgrade if the new bike costs less than what i can get for my old bike? SO PUMPED!!! Thanks for posting!

>if you can't win, make the guy ahead of you break the record
Quote Reply
Re: NEW 2004 P2k's for $600 [dalbright] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So if I'm 6'2" and approximately 205 lbs what would be the best frame size to pick? That $500 price for the One is very tempting. Don't want to pick the wrong size though. My inseam is approximately 34-35".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I may be making a bad choice here, but I think I am borderline 54. I have it ready to go just waiting for courage to hit confirm. Been looking for my first tri ride. I know fit is King, but price is damn sure the King's overbearing Queen.

Anyone to talk me out of this.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Like clothes, it's not a bargain if it doesn't fit.
Quote Reply
Re: NEW 2004 P2k's for $600 [tenacious_b] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"about 34-3 inches" isn't accurate enough.

Measure your inseam in cm and multiply by .66. That number will give you the approx ball park frame size to look at.

If you don't have a cm tape measure then multiply inches X 2.54.

Get an assistant to help you, stand back against a wall in your sock feet with a book pressed reasonably firm under your crotch. The assistant should measure the distance from the top of the book to the floor to get your inseam. Do it three times and take an average.

The top tube is actually more important, but this is a good start to get you near your frame size.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Heck, about a year ago I almost paid $1800 for that same bike. In my opinion if it really doesn't fit you'll probably get your money back on ebay. Heck, if it does fit, then you can ride it for years and chuckle at all us saps that paid thousands more for bikes that really aren't any better.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here is the link to Tom's review of the 2002 P2K.

http://www.bikesportmichigan.com/reviews/cervelo02.shtml

I am thinking of picking up one for my wife. She is 5'1.5" and I think the 48 650 is her size. I would need to change out the bars to a road set up until she gets more comfortable on a road bike.

Dave
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Runless [ In reply to ]
Re: NEW 2004 P2k's for $600 [Tri Slow Poke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I pulled the trigger on the Cervelo One, 57 frame. If it doesn't fit then at least they have a 14-day return policy. I'll probably call them up and give them my measurements just in case I need to switch to the 60. I did want the Soloist but for $550 with shipping I had to take that deal.
Quote Reply
Re: NEW 2004 P2k's for $600 [Runless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hell of a deal not for me
Last edited by: Runless: Oct 20, 06 15:40
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm going to jump on this! Can anyone help me quickly with fit before I order the Cervelo One?

http://www.insideoutsports.com/...tid=0&sku=105553

The 51 has a 510mm top tube and the 54 has a 530mm top tube. I'm 5' 10.5", 32" inseam, 150lbs.

Thanks!

Scott
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm 6' and I ride a 54 cm.
Quote Reply

Prev Next