Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

NC TT's?
Quote | Reply
I want to try a straight up Time Trial in 2019, but am having no luck in finding any races listed in NC/SC or the general SE area.
I've found a couple in Asheville and some at Lowes Motor Speedway, but they are on random Tuesday nights and that's not practical.

Do any NC folks have a resource for TTs or is there some super secret squirrel website I'm missing?

Any help would be appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: NC TT's? [ayontz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The only ones I know of ore the ones at the Lowe’s Track. A couple years one of the area tri-clubs tried to organize a series with a few other neighboring clubs but it didn’t go past a few meetings about it. Don’t know for it’s its true or not I don’t join clubs.
Quote Reply
Re: NC TT's? [mike s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Find the Chapel Hill Cycling Google group. They do a “Derek Powers” TT locally a few times a year.

Just free or donate and a Strava segment and stopwatch.

I have a Facebook group I started in Raleigh but it stormed the first outing amd nobody came to the makeup.

I train TT around Raleigh amd have a few roads or loops.

A good bet is to TT practice 1 mile loops around the PNC arena on nights that NCSU cycling practices.

The official Charlotte race was awesome but went bankrupt.

I wish someone would talk to the criterium folks using the Orange county oval and after the crits for the day do a TT class. Already have the rental anyway.
Quote Reply
Re: NC TT's? [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: NC TT's? [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool.
Thanks.
I'm in Fuquay, I'll certainly check it out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You should find the site for the local USA Cycling group. In Virginia, that's vacycling.org. The 2019 calendar isn't complete yet, though. Time trials seem to falling by the wayside, though. There used to be 8 - 10 every year. Now it's half that and with half the participation as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ayontz wrote:
Cool.
Thanks.
I'm in Fuquay, I'll certainly check it out.

Checkout in Facebook these also for local cycling if new to the area:

Not Blazing Saddles
Team on Draft
Spoke
NCSU
Team CBC (brewery down street in Fuquay from you)
Gyros

I practice on a nice 10mi loop and 25mi loop in Clayton where I work. Do segment explore and you’ll see it. Also a good loop is the Chapel Hill road race course, old Falls Lake road race course.

There’s a small TT meetup in Carborro on Dec 22 weather pending.
Quote Reply