Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

NCAA women's triathlon: add 1, drop 1
Quote | Reply
https://www.teamusa.org/...Add-Womens-Triathlon

The University of Denver is now fielding a women's team. That's great news for Colorado Mesa University because Denver's only a 4 hour drive versus 10+ hours to get to MSU Billings or Black Hills State.

I hear the Milwaukee School of Engineering is dropping their program...blaming it on COVID.

#swimmingmatters
Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind.
The Doctor (#12)

Quote Reply
Re: NCAA women's triathlon: add 1, drop 1 [LazyEP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So does that mean we're at 37? Or at 36? USAT said they're the 37th school to add Triathlon.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: NCAA women's triathlon: add 1, drop 1 [LazyEP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As a Denverite, this makes me super happy. Good for DU.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Re: NCAA women's triathlon: add 1, drop 1 [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
37 (sort of ;-) ... We do not have 37 programs up, running and competing ... 1 has already dropped the sport and MAYBE one will be dropping the sport as mentioned above? So potentially down to 35

-TCU does not begin competing until 2022
-Willamette Univ announced 2 years ago, but has not yet hired a coach and plans to begin in 2022
-Wingate Univ. begins in 2021
-Delaware State begins in 2021
-Mary Baldwin was suppose to start in 2020 but does not have a coach or a team in place yet
-Southern Wesleyan dropped the sport in 2018
EDIT: It does appear Milwaukee SOE has dropped the sport ... West Alabama has already dropped the sport

Denver interestingly (like some other schools) hired an Assistant Coach internally from another sport, did not do a National Search and like many schools it would be surprising if this is a part time position.

It's fantastic we are still adding schools, my concern though is with the schools that appear to not be fully invested in the sport.

-------------------------
Dave Latourette
http://www.TTENation.com
Last edited by: Dave Latourette: Jul 1, 20 15:12
Quote Reply