Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

N2S bike jersey
Quote | Reply
After Tom D's post on the merits of the N2S run jersey I got hold of a Concurve model and agree with the comments whole-heartedly. It is simply the best winter run top and the last one I will ever need, my question is this:

Are the cycle jerseys as good?

My concern is whether a layer needs be worn underneath if cycling because of the wind chill effect. To be realistic when cycling in England the temperature is rarely below freezing prior to adding in the wind chill factor.

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Last edited by: jk_allen13: Feb 20, 04 22:43
Quote Reply
Re: N2S bike jersey [jk_allen13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom D, Bavarian Frank, Karma, Pooks, ANYONE have experience with this product you could share?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Tom D, Bavarian Frank, Karma, Pooks, ANYONE have experience with this product you could share?

Sure.

While its not as stretchable as a normal jersey it is still very good for biking. For temperatures higher than 5 degrees celsius its perfect. If its colder you might need additional clothing.

regards,

Frank

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have any of you used the Under Armour Cold Weather top? I use one for running or biking depending on the conditions and think it is the best to date for me. I live in a wintery hell so spend quite a bit of time using various types of cold weather gear.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Julian,

Do you know who makes the Bike Jersey? Haven't been able to find it. I love the running top also.

Leigh
Quote Reply
Re: N2S bike jersey [Cyborg42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leigh, the one I have seen is by Concurve, but I think that may only be available in Europe as Bavarian Frank mentioned that it is Gore's German brand.

I'm sure Tom D could help find a name for you when he surfaces! Naturally from a bike fit of Epic training set, obviously not implying he's still in his pit! Alternatively I recall some US shops and products coming up from a search engine.

Good Luck.

Quote Reply
Re: N2S bike jersey [Cyborg42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: N2S bike jersey [Hid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Hid. You got one ? What's it like?

Quote Reply
Re: N2S bike jersey [JeffJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Have any of you used the Under Armour Cold Weather top? I use one for running or biking depending on the conditions and think it is the best to date for me. I live in a wintery hell so spend quite a bit of time using various types of cold weather gear.
I've been tempted to get this top. Just curious. Can you define your wintery hell and what this top is useful for (what temperature ranges and what else you need to wear)?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Julian -I don't have one but I'm ordering one. I'll let you know how it works.

Drinyth - Tom D's write-up can be found here http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ch_string=N2S;#67542

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
*sigh* I'm still searching for that magical top that will keep me warm down to the single digits. Damn Minnesota winters. :(
Quote Reply
Re: N2S bike jersey [Drinyth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My wintery hell is like yours in MN - ME. I can run down to 0*F with only the UA top and an unlined shell. If there is no wind, I might be looking at a vest only with the UA (espeically if I'm doing a workout) as temps approach 15*F. I did run those days it never exceeded 0* (-20 wind chills) and was fine but wore a heavier shell (still unlined). It needs to fit relatively tight to work well, but the ability to keep you warm and transfer moisture is better than anything I've used before. I only cycle down to 20* outside, I can wear the UA and a shell at that temp on the bike as well. You need to make sure you have a shell that also moves moisture to stay dry and comfortable as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks to both HID and Julian for the info. I am a big baby when it comes to being cold, so I will let you know what I think after I've tried the jersey out.

The thing we really need in Northern California is something that insulates equally well in cold and heat. Usually we dress in layers, but I hate carrying extra stuff while on my bike.
Quote Reply