Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

My new custom Serrota CXII
Quote | Reply
Got it about 1 week ago from Christopher at PK Racing. I was custom fitted end of last year. I am 6'5 with a short torso and the bike is 58cm C-C seat tube, 54.5cm TT with 11 cm stem, seat angle is 76deg. This is by far the smallest frame I have ever been on. Christopher spent quite a bit of time figuring out the best bar for me, we tried 3 or 4 different setup, a typical Syntace clip on was putting me on a 54cm frame !. We then decided to go to the Oval one piece bar (the Aluminium version). I then went back and was re-fitted with that bar on the Sizecycle (after PKRacing ordered it), did not like the elbow pads so I went with the Hed pads on the Oval bar. We then selected the lowest stack height stem (Cane creek S6) to keep the front as low as possible (in order to get the largest possible frame for me).

I have only 100 miles on the bike so far, the only change I can see if to turn the Hed pads a bit on the inside. I will work that out in my follow-on fit tweaking. I am very impressed by the compact crank. Truly ideal gear ration for me (I run 12-23 in the back). The Dura-Ace 10 is really good, the brakes are super strong, I almost went over the bars at the bottom of the first downhill...

The steel frame rides like a dream and is gorgeous. I have not weighted the bike but I think it is lighter than my Litespeed classic with Ultegra. Well, I now hope it will make me faster !

- Lionel
Quote Reply
Re: My new custom Serrota CXII [Lionel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
be still my heart.....

nice work.

It's not easy to juggle a pregnant wife and a troubled child, but somehow I managed to squeeze in 8 hours of TV a day - Homer Simpson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That thing is really beautiful. I love round tube bikes. Serotta does a great job. Nice spec too.

Whoever assembled this bike appeared to have done a really nice job: Look at the lengths of remaining cables and the angle of the front derailleurs cable- Perfect.

Look at the lengths of the brake and shift cable housings- Perfect. Great attention to detail. It looks like a pro built this, someone who had reverence for the bike and wanted to turn out a perfectly built and tuned racing machine. It looks like they cared. Awesome. I love to see work like this.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: My new custom Serrota CXII [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oops, not to be a wet blanket but, did you try putting your chain in the small/small yet? It looks a trifle long. -Just noticed that after my last post. -Need to line the tire labels up with the valve stems and make the computer cable wrap around the ascending cable symetrically and at uniform intervals. Little stuff, but I'm picky. Overall though, as I said, this thing is awesome. Really nice. I would love to ride one of these in my size. I bet you'll love it.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom,

I have not tried to ride the small/small yet but I will check.... I have ridden the Large/Large quite a bit, and it works great. I am with you on the tire alignment and the computer cable. But I actually need new wheels all together for this new bike (tubular race wheels, don't want to start a debate on this again!). I am looking at Zipp rims+AC hubs.

I agree with you on attention to details. Christopher built the bike himself I believe.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom, BTW, the only round tube on this bike is the seat tube. The downtube is aero shaped (OK slighly), the top tube is a beauty that is tighter in the front and the seat stays have a bladed shape.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lionel that is a fucking Righteous tri-bike. way mofo-ing nice.

here is a little story: there is a bar in elkhart lake, wisconsin, near the road america road racing track. when the motorcycle weekend is in town, this bar , and it's outdoor garden, become an impromptu concourse de elegance' of fast and cool motorcycles. there are no rules on what you can park in the courtyard, but there is a Code. if you have a restored 900 ss bevel drive you are in - ride back there on your gsxr with a blue tinted windscreen and you will be hissed at.

your serotta, if the world was a Proper place, would have racking rights on the best spot in any T1 you entered, dude.
Last edited by: t-t-n: Feb 22, 04 19:14
Quote Reply
Re: My new custom Serrota CXII [t-t-n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey thanks !

Man, I hope posting this is not going to get this bike too popular (after all who wants a steel bike these days). I would not like to see too many of these around. So just to be sure : steel is heavy, steel rusts, steel is has been, no sponsored pro is riding on steel, Serotta only makes good road bikes, etc....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gorgeous!

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply