Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

My first look at the Cervelo Dual
Quote | Reply
Just got back from the Toronto International Bicycle Show tonight. It was quite good. Probably 75% mountain bike/BMX orientated. Lots of young kids with baseball hats turned backwards and clothes five sizes too big, obviously part of this scene. Lots of good really neat roadie stuff also. Endurosport had a good display there and was the only tri-geek dedicated setup at the whole show. A few of the high end roadie shops had a few tri bikes on display, but much less than road bikes. It makes you think that the roadie shops were only thinking of tri bikes as an add on. Makes you realize that tri bikes must be a very small % of the total bicycle market.

Did get my first look at the Cervelo Dual at the Endurosport exhibit but obviously didn't get a chance to ride it. IMO Cervelo has hit a home run with this bike. It's probably the perfect bike for your average age grouper who is looking for the most bang for the buck. It's spec'd with 105/Tiagra rather than Ultegra on the P2K, which won't make you any slower and in the frame aerodynamics comparison all that is missing is the rear wheel cut out. I would assume the frame aero data is a step up from the original One with it's round seat tube. This Dual frame probably sits about half way between the original One and P2K on wind tunnel tests.

The only thing that was a bit underwhelming was the fork. Don't have the aero data but it certainly looks a lot less aero than the proven slippery forks on the P2K and TCR-1 sitting in my basement. I would imagine that most dealers would upgrade the fork if you insisted. That's something I would certainly do.

Overall the bike strikes me as a winner, especially in it's price range.
Quote Reply
Re: My first look at the Cervelo Dual [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Love the bike show! I was there today as well. I agree that the Dual looks great. I just wish that some of the larger sizes (ie. a 54cm) were available with 650 wheels like the P2K and P3.

For an mid-level 650 bike I was really impressed with the Argon 18 Xenon bike. Another Canadian company making nice gear.
Quote Reply
Re: My first look at the Cervelo Dual [Allan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There was a lot of neat stuff there for sure. I don't get down to the 'big smoke" that often any more. I moved away from Toronto years ago for small town Ontario, but the bike show really is worth the drive in. Also liked the Argon entries. There are some good innovative small Canadian bike companies appearing on the scene. I was quite excited initially when I saw the Miele display until I found out that it's just a sub company of
CCM that makes low end "family biking" models. The name was purchased but we won't be seeing the good quality road race bikes of old.
Quote Reply