Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

My baby may be gone (my baby is a car)
Quote | Reply
Not bike...one of my cars....my Twin Turbo baby...some chick hit me last night...

She has Geico Inrance...she told the cop that she was not speeding as she had the Cruise set at 60mph (in a 35mph ). I was in the left lane - she behind me...there was a car in the right lane to my rear...she tried to get between us and clipped my passanger side rear - her front tire launched off of my rear tire and she went on two wheels all General Lee style and took out a pole, a tree and a Travel Lodge motel sign...she was ticketed. I have my gas filler door in my Olds...the rear wheel is off of the car and the wheel bearing sits here on my desk ast the office. I think that the rear suspension was ripped from the frame of the car judging by my initial assesment...

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: My baby may be gone (my baby is a car) [Record9ti] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seriously dude, what do you do for a living? You sound fucking rich. Softride, Zipp, Record.

Now a twin turbo. hmmmm..
Quote Reply
Re: My baby may be gone (my baby is a car) [freestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Medical Practice Management Systems / Computer Geek (MCSE, ASE, CCDA) and I do HIPAA consulting for hospitals and group practices.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
k now i'm even more clueless than i was before
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Not bike..."

So what are you worried about. It's only a car. Now if that was your bike then you would be deserving of our sympathy.
Quote Reply
Re: My baby may be gone (my baby is a car) [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cerveloguy got there first and nailed it. Piece of cake to replace the car. Impossible to replace the bike and all its memories.

Sorry, no sympathy here.
Quote Reply
Re: My baby may be gone (my baby is a car) [ajfranke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So I guess I'll get some sympathy for losing my baby - a 2003 S-works - taken by some yahoos during a break and enter into my house! If only they took my 'winter' bike (an old Allez Comp). At least it was insured, but I loved that bike. It was the kind of ride that I wanted to get back on, even after a 6 hr session (with intervals).

Or maybe no sympathy from the tri-bike afficionados here...

[on the bright side, at least it's off-season now!]

Triguy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any crash you walk away from is a good one.

If you're at work, then you're probably okay. I hope you went to the hospital and got checked out anyway. Otherwise any pain you have later will be "Too Bad".

My last crash involved me stopped behind a Jeep("It's my husband's car and I was only going 50 miles so I didn't check the gas") on the Mass Pike right next to the concrete wall. I got sandwiched by an Olds going 60+(not his fault, I didn't see the pinhead either, but I got Gooood brakes!)

Brand new VW Golf GLS, loaded: Totalled

Me: Whiplash and no exercise for 3 months

Settlement: $5000 less than the car was worth and $2500 personal injury, "because if he could go to physical therapy, he isn't hurt that bad."

Like Launchpad McQuack says, "I haven't met a vehicle that I can't crash safely."

MCSE? You are doing the Devil's work! ;) I got burned by Windows DNA and now do J2EE development myself.

------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The bad news is, your car is toast. The good news is, she saved a lot of money on car insurance with Geico.
Quote Reply