Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

My Deuceman race report
Quote | Reply
My first long course race of the season went great...HERE is my report! Short version...wind, 1st!

-

B.Oliver -My Blog...triguywithavx.wordpress.com
Powered by:
-accelerate3.com coaching-
-**TriSports.com Save 20% Message me for one time use code {restrictions apply...see site)
Quote Reply
Re: My Deuceman race report [115InTheShade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats on the great race! And THANK YOU for volunteering for the Xterra race!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That wind was no joke out there, especially on the way back. I did the Olympic and can't imagine having to deal with another 31 miles of the crap on the bike.

Congrats on the AG win!

speedySTATES
Quote Reply
Re: My Deuceman race report [fartleker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. The wind was brutal but, I enjoyed it much better than the 105 degree temps we had on the run last year plus we didn't get hit with all the fire smoke the xterra guys got on Sunday.
The volunteering was fun. Got to cheer and point people in the right direction. Had to straighten out a few errant racers who had problems figuring out the correct flow of the transition! : )

-

Powered by:
-**TriSports.com Save 20% Message me for one time use code {restrictions apply...see site)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did the xterra race. Very well organized as usual. I wish the swim was longer to equalize with the bike. No smoke until after the race ended.

I think I might have been camping next to you (to the west, not the east).

Andrew.
Quote Reply
Re: My Deuceman race report [AndrewPhx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you have issues with the course being poorly marked at all? I was out for a planned run and to watch the Xterra. Came upon a turn on the way back that was from the road back onto the trail. I was watching it for a bit (after the front 10 came through) and there wasn't anyone there directing people. A couple of riders completely blew the turn. Ended up canceling my run and directing people by pointing them onto the turn. I know there were a couple of turns on the Olympic that would have been nice having volunteers instead of little lines on the road.

Also saw it took 30 minutes or so for the Ambulance to get to the fallen rider on the Xterra, but that's a whole other issue. Thankfully there was some medic guy out there...

speedySTATES
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was in bals eagle 23...next to a very loud old complaining lady and her husband.

Powered by:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Short swim??? I thought it was perfect! ;-)

That was a fun race (in a brutal ugly way), I was happy to bluff out 4th given minimal swim and run training.

Kevin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They were very short on volunteers...a lot that signed up for sunday did not show so the rest of us ended up doing multiple things. The law enforcement was also cut back because many of them had been deployed to the perimiter of the fire. The half course was well marked. I know for the xterra they had 4-5 emt on quads out on the course.

Powered by:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was in #24. I got in lat Sat. I heard the lady calling the husband an idiot about something.

No problems for me on the bike course, although the turn near the end back to transition would have been a problem without a volunteer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice job on the race, and on the race report. If you don't mind a style critique, it's much more engaging to the reader if you don't make the format, "I did this, then I did that, then I did this other thing before I finished. Maybe next time describe the course, describe how the event challenged you, and try not to use the pronoun I too often. It's better when the subject of the report is the race, not you.

-------------------------------
Ignorance is bliss until they take your bliss away.
Quote Reply
Re: My Deuceman race report [pito00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pito00 wrote:
Nice job on the race, and on the race report. If you don't mind a style critique, it's much more engaging to the reader if you don't make the format, "I did this, then I did that, then I did this other thing before I finished. Maybe next time describe the course, describe how the event challenged you, and try not to use the pronoun I too often. It's better when the subject of the report is the race, not you.

Completely 100% disagree! The RR is not about the race course or the race in general, if folks wanted that then they'd read about the race course on the event website. I think the RR is about YOUR race, and how YOU did, and how YOU felt.

Great report, always nice to see others RR's and compare their race to how I felt on the same course on the same day!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The fallen rider on the Xterra course was my fiance. He dislocated his shoulder. It was quite the hellish ordeal as it took them very long to get him to the hospital and his shoulder was "out" for 2.5 hours as they kept making blunders about his location, his condition, etc.

Unfortunately the medic guy on the ATV only had morphine, so they doped him up good but could not get the shoulder back in. It eventually went back in on it's own at the hospital just as they were about to put him under to reduce it.

Anyhow, he spent the rest of the day sick and doped up. They gave him ALOT of morphine.

He's bummed out as his season is done and he had to DNF the race. He's a competive guy, regional AG champ and close to Maui.

Sue
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Between race announcing and course set up I got to get out on the course to see the long bike venue. It was stunning. Absolutely beautiful.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was told the smoke we had was from a controlled burn to create a fire break. I was a little concerned and monitoring the radio channel when the smoke started blowing in.

We saw fire bombers going over when we were breaking down the venue. I may have seen the same P-2 and P3 aircraft pass overhead 6 times to drop retardent on the fire. Mt. Lemmon was closed either yesterday or today here in Tucson due to fire hazard.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: My Deuceman race report [sto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The whole waiting period and situation with your fiance definitely seemed sketchy to me. I never saw the crash or know where it happened but saw the medic taking him off of the dirt road. Heard the medic tell him they canceled the ambulance for who knows what reason. Offered to help however possible but was told they were ok so I went to the turn just down the road. I figured they took him on an ATV somewhere after not seeing the ambulance for such a long time (I was standing at the start of the dead-end street). Couldn't believe it when the ambulance went by some 30 minutes later! Would've driven him to the hospital myself knowing that it ended up taking so long...

Good luck to him in the recovery process!

speedySTATES
Quote Reply