Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
My 3rd pair of Power Beats 3 headphones just died over 15 months. Give me another good brand.
Quote | Reply
Fed up with having my power beats 3 headphones for. 3rd pair in 15 months. Have to be wireless and need to sound good. Jay bird?
Quote Reply
Re: My 3rd pair of Power Beats 3 headphones just died over 15 months. Give me another good brand. [triguy86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Headphones are about the only thing I buy from brick and mortar retail

I buy the bose sound sport, with Best Buy geek squad warranty, and bring them back to exchange when they inevitably die every 6ish months

I haven’t found any Bluetooth wireless headphones that stand up to a few months of heavy indoor trainer use
Quote Reply
Re: My 3rd pair of Power Beats 3 headphones just died over 15 months. Give me another good brand. [triguy86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the Aftershokz Trekz Air...pricey but work great. The Trekz Titanium is cheaper but a little heavier.

https://aftershokz.com/pages/compare
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the Jaybird run. But just killed them in the Florida humidity a couple of weeks ago. It’s about my third pair of Jaybird wireless as well.
Quote Reply
Re: My 3rd pair of Power Beats 3 headphones just died over 15 months. Give me another good brand. [mvenneta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So what’s the warranty on the replacement Bose? Cuz beats only gives you 90 days each time they get replaced.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
$20 for the geek squad warranty gives you 2 years of replacements (and each time you return, the 2 year count starts over)

But I think the 90 days is the same for bose
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have these, cost $20 and I think they sound fine. Hard to beat the price.

https://www.amazon.com/...Ft2VL&ref=plSrch
Last edited by: damn lucky: Jul 12, 18 18:14
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love the Plantronics BackBeat Fit. Battery life is around 6 hours (or maybe 7). It is plenty for a 100 mile ride. I have many hours of very sweaty runs and rides with no issues. And, they let in enough ambient sound that you can hear the world along with your music.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
J Lab Epic 2’s. They’ve been going strong for almost 3 years.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ve got the bragi dash and they’re great. Since you can swim in them, I don’t think you’re going to kill them with sweat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The JBL reflect mini bt were great, good sound and awesome fit, but I only got 18 months before they packed up - I may be expecting too much, but for aud200, i expect a decent life.

Currently on jaybird X3, the sound is great, but the fit it not as good, that is entirely personal however.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ANYTHING OTHER THAN JAYBIRD.

I've had 3 pairs in the matter of 2 months. They consistently die. I've had to pay 20 dollars just to replace them every time from Best Buy. By far the most unreliable product I've ever used.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Re: My 3rd pair of Power Beats 3 headphones just died over 15 months. Give me another good brand. [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow. Yea seems like all the brands have trouble keeping up with the needs of triathletes. I just bought some cheap ones on Amazon so we will see how they sound. I’m kinda picky about sound quality so I’m prob gonna be underwhelmed for $30 😂
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trek titanium on amazon. bluetooth, bone condition with surprisingling good sound quality, comfortable, holds a good charge.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sbode wireless. Enough said Cant be beat at this price
https://www.amazon.com/...+wireless+headphones
Quote Reply
Re: My 3rd pair of Power Beats 3 headphones just died over 15 months. Give me another good brand. [Piche] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Plantronics back beat fit. I cannot break these earbuds. No matter how much I sweat on them
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought these for my wife nearly three years ago and they're still going strong. She uses them nearly everyday on the trainer and running.

https://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics-Bluetooth-Headphones-Sweatproof-Earphones/dp/B075MC85DH/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1531481180&sr=8-9&keywords=tao+electronics
Quote Reply
Re: My 3rd pair of Power Beats 3 headphones just died over 15 months. Give me another good brand. [Tri_BTV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had 4x pairs of toatronics and they all died on me. I got a buzz / humming in one ear in 3 of them and the 4th stopped charging

My wife has a pair and they work great for her, and I use the taotronics sound bar in my office.

So many people love those, I just have had bad luck
Quote Reply
Re: My 3rd pair of Power Beats 3 headphones just died over 15 months. Give me another good brand. [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
exxxviii wrote:
I love the Plantronics BackBeat Fit. Battery life is around 6 hours (or maybe 7). It is plenty for a 100 mile ride. I have many hours of very sweaty runs and rides with no issues. And, they let in enough ambient sound that you can hear the world along with your music.

+1

I’m on my second pain only because I accidentally crushed my first pair. I immediately replaced them overnight from amazon. Best headphones out there. I had the first pair for about 3 sweaty years.

Not crush proof though :(

--Chris
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After being a longtime Powerbeats 3 user, I have fully switched to the Jabra 65t. They have both a regular and 'active' version - the active version allegedly being slightly more water resistance, but I have had not issue with the standard issue. 5 hour battery life, completely wireless, very comfortable.

Also, should it apply to you - the Jabra 65t have better connectivity to Apple Watch vs. Bose wireless.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AirPods. They can’t be killed. Easy to setup and use...seriously
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you want something good or something similar to beats?
Is this everyday, or bike/run specific?

Everyday:
AKG N60
Klispch X12
Shure SE 215

B/R:
AKG N200 Wireless
Sennheiser CX Sport
Quote Reply
Re: My 3rd pair of Power Beats 3 headphones just died over 15 months. Give me another good brand. [mvenneta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mvenneta wrote:
I had 4x pairs of toatronics and they all died on me. I got a buzz / humming in one ear in 3 of them and the 4th stopped charging

My wife has a pair and they work great for her, and I use the taotronics sound bar in my office.

So many people love those, I just have had bad luck

No, I'm a heavy sweater and I have killed at least 6 pairs of <$40 bluetooth headphones over 6 years. I took advantage of the warrantees so I only bought 3 of them, the last of which has been going strong for nearly a year, but which I expect to kill at some point in the near future. Latest one I killed was the Senso IPX-7 (super high waterresistance).

Despite this high malfunction rate, I would still recommend them, as I suspect most folks don't sweat as much as I do on the trainer/treadmill, and the Chinese companies sent me replacements in <3 days no questions asked the second I emailed them. (Jaybird sucked in comparison with a 4 week turnaround and $$$$ - don't buy them!)

At this point I'm only interested in hearing from folks who are:
1. Heavy sweaters. We're talking like 2-3 foot sweat puddles around a stationary bike/trainer if you're on it for an hour.
2. Earbuds are lasting over 2 years with regular sweatfest use.

The Plantronics backbeats sound promising from the reviews here on this thread, although on Amazon they seem to have a small but real failure rate (less highly rated then the Sensos that I use now)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have one of the original jaybird bluebuds (X?). I've used them pretty heavily with indoor workouts over the past few years, and they still work well. I think the X3 is the current version.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For power beats, were you buying the Athletic ones? Those are waterproof.

I've tried just about everything myself. Monster is my #2 after the power beats athletic version. Those have lasted through rain storms and everything I've thrown at them. The only downside is the battery lasts only 3 hours.

Jay Bird is garbage - the control piece is way to heavy and pulls the headphones out of your ears. Bose never fit my ears.
Quote Reply

Prev Next