Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Muskoka half ironman
Quote | Reply
Was thinking of doing the Muskoka half this summer, but see that it is sold out. I am not familiar with Ironman - are there any other ways to register, or do spots open up later in the season?

Any tips appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: Muskoka half ironman [The Guardian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are sometimes spots available through the Ironman Foundation at ~$700. But I don't see this option for this race.
Rarely have I ever heard of spots opening up after it's already sold out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow!! I didn't think this race sold out in the last couple or so years??? I could be wrong.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We tried to get in as well. We have emailed regarding a waiting list which I guess they don't normally do, and are apparently not the only ones waiting! I wouldn't hold your breath on entries at this point, unless (as previously stated) you pay the extra dough.

NCCP certified Comp coach
Quote Reply
Re: Muskoka half ironman [psychosyd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I still can’t believe this race sold out, I’ve done it the past three years and was planning on doing it again this year. I think last year’s race sold out a few weeks before the race. I keep checking the ironman site for registration opening back up (wishful thinking). This is mind blowing to me.
Quote Reply
Re: Muskoka half ironman [DrunkIrishman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's a great race so I am glad to hear that it is selling out.

I raced the IM the one year that they did it and it was a favorite for both me and my wife (which is huge when you are dragging your SO to spectate an IM).

Just a really enjoyable trip and race.

I'll never forget running out of T2..... I wasn't winning the thing so I stopped to kiss my wife...... and she says to me, "I want to get back to the resort so no slacking off out there. You've got 3:30 to run this and then I'm taking off." Nothing like support from your spouse ;-)

----------------------------
Jason
None of the secrets of success will work unless you do.
Quote Reply