Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Much Higher Heart Rate when Exercising early (Before Breakfast)
Quote | Reply
Hi,

today i ran directly after getting up as opposed to usually training mostly in the afternoon / evening hours and noticed that altough my RHR was normal (48BPM) my HR would be way higher at the same intensity than usually. Is this normal or what could cause this?

best regards,

Alex
Quote Reply
Re: Much Higher Heart Rate when Exercising early (Before Breakfast) [Vanity] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You’re human.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Much Higher Heart Rate when Exercising early (Before Breakfast) [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You mean this is normal and I just never noticed it? :P
Quote Reply
Re: Much Higher Heart Rate when Exercising early (Before Breakfast) [Vanity] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HR is wildly variable. Just note it and do your thing... run mostly easy, sometimes hard.

There is tons of stuff in the literature about the goodness of running fasted first thing in the morning after a cup of coffee. Keep it up.

Eric

Vanity wrote:
You mean this is normal and I just never noticed it? :P

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Vanity wrote:
Hi,

today i ran directly after getting up as opposed to usually training mostly in the afternoon / evening hours and noticed that altough my RHR was normal (48BPM) my HR would be way higher at the same intensity than usually. Is this normal or what could cause this?

best regards,

Alex

Funny, mine has always been lower in the morning before eating anything and I have trouble getting it up (HR that is)
Quote Reply
Re: Much Higher Heart Rate when Exercising early (Before Breakfast) [pokey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
haha :D
that's actually what I would have expected... maybe i'm just very fatigued from the training week...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Alex:

Totally unscientific and anecdotal, you probably worked out a bit more dehydrated with lower blood sugar and with less sleep overnight than in the afternoon (not much different than the HR after beer intake than average before re-hydrating with water). If you switch into a pattern of am workouts you will probably see/feel normal HR.

https://www.palmtreesahead.com/
https://www.palmtreesahead.com/tactics2faster-new

Quote Reply
Re: Much Higher Heart Rate when Exercising early (Before Breakfast) [djmsbr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am the same way, early morning workouts are just slower so I can stay in the same zone. My theory is my muscles are tighter and it takes a little more "effort" to move them around vs the midday and afternoon runs when I have been moving around all day. Usually by mile 2 or 3 I'm back where I normally run. We are talking about a :30/mi pace difference.
Quote Reply
Re: Much Higher Heart Rate when Exercising early (Before Breakfast) [djhuff7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This might be an explanation, thank you!
Quote Reply