Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Movie day this Wednesday - ST article
Quote | Reply
https://www.slowtwitch.com/..._Wednesday_6965.html

Yea the movie is about tri, and iron distance (Roth). We have seen many online versions. But this took a different path. The film took 4 years to get out. The main goal to get it into theaters for the masses... This is difficult. So many moronic movies make it to the big screen for 3 month daily showings. Yes documentary films are boring and lack the action that big Hollywood and investors seek. Plus costs to play the movie in theaters. So Yan needed the help of kick starter. He raised the funds, but still it was barely enough to cover the helicopter. Right after filming, everyone switches to drone usage. In addition to explain history.. a lot of iron-brand film and trade marks needed purchase, further delaying the film. In the end he had to shell out 250,k $ of his savings. So in the end, the film industry can be harsh... But I do hope you folks go to see this film. I want to hear honest reviews from this community
Quote Reply
Post deleted by coyote pelon [ In reply to ]
Re: Movie day this Wednesday - ST article [coyote pelon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
coyote pelon wrote:
I saw the movie. Very well done. Good story, great cinematography. Nice to see a story about Roth instead of Ironman - just for a change. I recommend it . One of the featured amateur athletes is ST's very own - synthetic's wife - Bessy. There is a great little hidden, unknown story about how she was selected to be featured in the movie.

Even though my wife is mentioned, I think the efforts this film maker had to go through to get into a theater, and story about Rudy Garcia is much bigger than my wife in the film. I see the poll on the forum here. I know the days of attending the movie theater are a thing of the past, and waiting for the DVD is the more modern thing to do. Hard to compete with that.. but go for the social factor is all I can say...meet some other local triathletes
Quote Reply