Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Most comfy bib shorts for riding in aero position
Quote | Reply
I am looking for some new shorts and based on recommendations on this site am looking for some bib shorts. I was set to order some new Pearl Izumi Microsensor shorts but a buddy who has them says the pad is too far back to do much good for riding the saddle nose in the aero position. Does anybody agree with this? If so what bib shorts do you recommend? Never having used bib shorts, don't they get warm in the summer and/or aggrevate your shoulders?

Thanks,

Mike
Quote Reply
Re: Most comfy bib shorts for riding in aero position [TriMike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use Castelli Y2K. No Pb in the aero position. Once you try Bibs you will never go back.
Quote Reply
Re: Most comfy bib shorts for riding in aero position [Lionel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a pair of old cannondale bibs that i onyl use for TT's. I find that a small pad is the best for the aero position.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
shorts for riding in aero position [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Similar question...I find most of the new fangled chamois not comfortable riding in the aero position. I have gone to cheaper shorts with an old school non-flashy one piece chamois. Anybody have any ideas for a quality short with a chamois that is good for aero-bar training?
Quote Reply
Re: shorts for riding in aero position [Mac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The best combination for me is a Desoto seat cover with their regular tri short. Works perfect for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ASSOS, expensive but excellent comfort in any position.
Quote Reply
Re: Most comfy bib shorts for riding in aero position [shep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree with shep - I bought a pair of ASSOS FI.13 bibs last year. They are more comfortable than anything else I've ever worn. The pad isn't cumbersome, they feel great in the aero position, and the mesh back keeps you cool on hot days. They are expensive but the ride is heavenly.

---------------------------------------
I am a living animal, tied to a dying soul. -PKD

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriMike,

Have you considered a skinsuit? They are usually cut for a time trial/triathlon position. A specialized piece of clothing for a specialized type of cycling/position.

Considered it at least for competition only. Its faster to put on one piece of clothing (a skinsuit) than to put on two pieces of clothing (shorts/bib shorts and jersey). Its also more aerodynamic (more speed without more effort).

I will agree, however, with another poster that once you try bibs, its likely that you will very seldom wear plain shorts again. The only time I wear just shorts is when wearing bib tights. Otherwise, its bib shorts always.

Ben Cline

Better to aspire to Greatness and fail, than to not challenge one's self at all, and succeed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Santini Twist Gel Bibs. Pefection at a wonderful price. Check out worldcycling.com they're on sale for $79.00, trust me: they're the most comfortable bibs around.
Quote Reply