Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Monty's T1 wetsuit deal
Quote | Reply
Fellow Slowtwitchers,

Feeling the need for a nice new wetsuit to encourage me to get into the cold Pacific Ocean for some badly needed open water swimming, I decided to check Mark Mongomery's (aka Monty) wetsuit trade in program that's been mentioned in some other threads on Slowtwitch. He promptly replied to my emails and a deal was soon struck. Last Monday I sent my suit and a check up to the mountains and Friday I had a new T1 in hand. I took it out Sunday and was very happy with the comfort of the new T1. Trading the old suit instead of stuffing it on a shelf in the garage was a plus when my wife wondered what the hell I got a new wetsuit for. I said it was such a good deal I just had to get it. If you're thinking about getting a new T1, I suggest you see what Monty can do for you. email: montyman007@hotmail.com

Paul Klingenberg
Quote Reply
Re: Monty's T1 wetsuit deal [paul k] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Basically, that Monty dude is pretty cool. He's the real deal.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
too bad I have nothing to trade, I left my straitjacket, I mean wetsuit in Shreveport.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
does the trade-in have to be a desoto suit?

how does he handle fit, did you send a bunch of measurements to make sure you got the right suit? I drove 180 miles roundtrip to buy my first two wetsuits and was glad i did since they fit well and received great service. but the closest desoto dealer is further then that?

thx,

rockfish
Quote Reply
Re: Monty's T1 wetsuit deal [beatnic_tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
His price straight up without trade isn't bad.

Paul
Quote Reply
Re: Monty's T1 wetsuit deal [rockfish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Monty told me to go over to DeSoto and try them on since I live in San Diego. With that not being possible for you, I think Monty can work out a fit with you via email.

Paul
Quote Reply
Re: Monty's T1 wetsuit deal [rockfish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The trade in is whatever you currently own, for a deSoto suit.

I bought my T1 from Dan (pre-Monty's deal) and he did a great job in fitting me. I asked for a size 3 and gave him my dimensions. He sent me a 4 with a note that I'd die in a 3. He was right. I'd imagine that Monty's fit skills are just as good.

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Last edited by: Khai: Mar 10, 04 16:07
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Fellow Slowtwitchers,

Feeling the need for a nice new wetsuit to encourage me to get into the cold Pacific Ocean for some badly needed open water swimming, I decided to check Mark Mongomery's (aka Monty) wetsuit trade in program that's been mentioned in some other threads on Slowtwitch. He promptly replied to my emails and a deal was soon struck. Last Monday I sent my suit and a check up to the mountains and Friday I had a new T1 in hand. I took it out Sunday and was very happy with the comfort of the new T1. Trading the old suit instead of stuffing it on a shelf in the garage was a plus when my wife wondered what the hell I got a new wetsuit for. I said it was such a good deal I just had to get it. If you're thinking about getting a new T1, I suggest you see what Monty can do for you. email: montyman007@hotmail.com

Paul Klingenberg
Although the trade in is a great deal, I his price for a T1 isnt really any better than direct from the factory. I think $4 less. But then again you do get to trade in your wetsuit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
true story...i emailed monty that i was interested in a tres, with my old IM suit as a trade-in. i tell him it seems like i'll need a size 3 and i ask him what he thinks. he asks me what my body type is so i tell him i'm 5'9" and that i have a short torso and longish legs. he tells me maybe i need a 4 then and that maybe i could send him a picture so that he could make sure. and at the end of this last email he says he needs to get a look at this long-legged girl from Philippines (i've already told him at this point that i live in Manila). so i send him a picture of me runnning in my skinsuit...

wonder what he though of the bulge in my crotch, 'coz he never did try to flirt with me again!

got the size 4 and love it!

Kim
Quote Reply
Re: Monty's T1 wetsuit deal [dockimpoy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does Monty have a web site ?
Quote Reply
Re: Monty's T1 wetsuit deal [TRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i don't think so. he mentioned to me that he sells mostly at expos.

Kim
Quote Reply
Re: Monty's T1 wetsuit deal [oeight44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Although the trade in is a great deal, I his price for a T1 isnt really any better than direct from the factory. I think $4 less. But then again you do get to trade in your wetsuit.
That's right, four bucks less than Desoto and he pays the shipping.
Quote Reply