Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Miserable Challenge app
Quote | Reply
People often here complain about the IM app and tracking people with it.
Today I tried to track some people during Challenge Almere-Amsterdam. The IM app is heaving compared to the Challenge app.
The app was sloooowww. For the time it worked anyway, most of the time it didn't work. The app isn't logically build. You can follow athletes. You search for them, and then press 'follow' on their page. But even when you don't press 'follow', you automatically seem to follow them once you've searched for them and gone to their page. Once you press 'follow' the page refreshes (very slowly) but once refreshed the button still says 'follow' and not 'following' for the athletes you are following.
You would think that you get an overview for the athletes you are following. Nope, no overview. I have no idea what 'follow' does. I didn't get push messages, I don't get an overview of those athletes, nothing.
When I press 'live' it would take me to a page called 'upcoming races'? When I went to live results I was presented with 3 days each with a button (Friday, Sat, Sun) but none of those buttons responded.
I could search for the athletes I tried to follow either by typing in their name in the search bar, or by going to their agegroup overview. Initially the agegroup overview only showed the first 100 athletes, later only the first 50 athletes of that agegroup. So if an athlete wasn't in the top 50 I had to search for them by name, but once I got to their page there were no details.
At some point I knew people would have finished, but at the final time is says 'time-after'...why not simply 'finish'?
It's pretty much impossible to track athletes relative to each other. Is the athlete you're following gaining or losing to those ahead? In the agegroup overview it shows the latest time an athlete has passed a timing mat, and the number of that timing mat. At some point for example Yvonne van Vlerken was in the lead with a time of '7:02:44' and number 2 Els Visser had the following shown at the same time '7:00:59' -1 Varv. ??? So she passed the previous timing mat at that time, but it doesn't show you at which mileage those timing mats are. You think, that you can just look back at the previous split times. You can, but then it only shows the split times, not the total times up to that split.

I just gave up. Now, hours after the middle distance race, the results for most of the athletes I tried to track still aren't up.

They tried to put a ton of stuff in the app, athlete info, past results of all athletes etc. But the architecture isn't logical, it misses important and basic stuff and it works slow or not at all.
I actually didn't mind the ironman app, but now I see how bad it can be, I actually cherish the ironman app. Happy to be tracking some club mates in an ironman tomorrow!
Quote Reply