Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Min. Seatpost Insertion - Older Kilo
Quote | Reply
I'm putting together an older Kilo to use to train on. It has the seattube extension that extends beyond the top tube. My question is where should the minimum seatpost extension line be?

It would seem to me that it would have to be below the intersection point of the seattube and top tube (just imagine the extension was not there) or else there would be a great risk of cracking the frame. I looked at the Cervelo site, since the original Eyres had a similar extension and there is a mention that there was a potential for incorrect seatpost insertion on frames such as these - Trek Hilos have the same type of seattube.

Any input appreciated.

http://www.bytowntriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: Min. Seatpost Insertion - Older Kilo [teamwhitedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmmm, I went out on the sales floor and measured a new Kilo seat tube extension and found out you would need at least 11cm of seatpost inside the tube. Of course, this is a scientific wild-assed guess (SWAG) in this case since I don't know your frame size. Basically, 11cm should be safe but I can't be positive unless I actually saw it, so be careful. It has to go through the seat tube extension, below where the top tube joins in and about 4 cm further below that. Good luck.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply