Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Milk, Not Organic but maybe a better comprimise? (Oberweis Dairy) [jefeloco] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah, i've heard a few things about this guy.

got a link to the documentary?

Where would you want to swim ?
Quote Reply
Re: Milk, Not Organic but maybe a better comprimise? (Oberweis Dairy) [jefeloco] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hear ya. I stopped buying Oberweiss b/c Sr is a nutjob. But their vanilla ice cream is the best freaking vanilla ice cream I've ever had. Oh how I miss it...
Quote Reply
Re: Milk, Not Organic but maybe a better comprimise? (Oberweis Dairy) [OWEN_MEANY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same here.

It was tough on the kids when we told them we weren't going to go there for ice cream any more.
Quote Reply
Re: Milk, Not Organic but maybe a better comprimise? (Oberweis Dairy) [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You have to be a little more open minded. I'm not vegan or anything like that but I understand their point of view.
I'm with you about the ones that get all fanatized (is that a word??) though.

Having said that, I don't know what it is but in the last couple of years I've felt grossed out when I drink milk, I like it, but there is something inside me telling me is gross. Since I can't live with out my cereal and a shake every know and then, I've opted for soy milk, it's pretty tasty and has a fresh feeling. My wife and kids still drink milk.
Quote Reply
Re: Milk, Not Organic but maybe a better comprimise? (Oberweis Dairy) [Maui] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What about cheese? Yogurt? Ice cream? Life is far to short to not enjoy a wonderful alfredo sauce.....plenty of cheese and butter.....yum.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: Milk, Not Organic but maybe a better comprimise? (Oberweis Dairy) [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree with jefeloco that Oberweis is a right wing nut and that is why I stopped buying their stuff. They did have out-of-this-world malted shakes at their Chicago store, but I can't be convinced to support them.

On the health side of things, I spoke with the nutritionist for one of the NFL teams that I worked for about post-workout recovery problems I was having. I would sometimes feel hungover for the next 12 hours after a tough workout. He suggested Chocolate milk as soon as I am done. I started using it and have never again had that awful fatigued feeling. And I feel much better at workouts the next day. It is certainly cheaper than all of those manufactured recovery supplements.

If you're working out as much as most people on ST claim to be, you have little to worry about in terms of the amount of fat in milk and plenty of nutritional value in terms of protein and calcium.

My vote if to buy from local dairies (and all local food sources) and support those who make milk without the use of rBGH or pesticides.
Quote Reply
Re: Milk, Not Organic but maybe a better comprimise? (Oberweis Dairy) [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First off, let me say, I like the taste of milk and without dairy products, my diet would be pretty boring.

That being said, I think the milk I drink is probably one of the worst things I put in my body, yet I still do it. I look at it like its my drug of choice considering I dont smoke, do drugs, drink wine, or coffee (one or two hard drinks a month). Sounds stupid but after reading all I have read over the years, its my conclusion. Read "Milk the Deadly Poison" if you doubt me.

Evolutionarily speaking, as a species, we have not adapted to drinking other mammals milk.....period. We easily drink cows milk but how would you feel about drinking a nice refreshing glass of dogs milk....how about cat milk??? Why not, they are mammals no?
Quote Reply
Re: Milk, Not Organic but maybe a better comprimise? (Oberweis Dairy) [GregX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you feed a calf the "milk" people drink they would die! Goats milk is a much better option.

Richard Nixon, Fit2Tri Multisport Inc.
Fit2Tri,
rich@fit2tri.com
Discount code, slowtwithch
Quote Reply
Re: Milk, Not Organic but maybe a better comprimise? (Oberweis Dairy) [GregX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sure, here is the link to "The Hypocrisy of Jim Oberweis " :

http://www.icirr.org/oberweis.htm
Quote Reply
Re: Milk, Not Organic but maybe a better comprimise? (Oberweis Dairy) [Irondicknixon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Irondick, do yo have any references for that claim ?
My chiropracor told me the same: "A calf would die in two weeks if it was fed store bought whole milk."
That seems more like an urban myth to me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I work with a Nutritional Bio Chemist who has been involved with nutrition for over 30yrs. I take his word as gold, but he does quote published studies from medical journals for all of his research.

www.1800chemist.com

you would be amazed!

Richard Nixon, Fit2Tri Multisport Inc.
Fit2Tri,
rich@fit2tri.com
Discount code, slowtwithch
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
also.. one of his ideas when running for the Senate was to repeal the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)--- In short, he didn't want businesses to hold jobs open for women on maternity leave.
Quote Reply
Re: Milk, Not Organic but maybe a better comprimise? (Oberweis Dairy) [sfphx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The problem with a lot of these studies is they talk about the benefits of the stuff contained within milk (vitamin D, calcium etc), not actually drinking milk. Most studies that involve consumption of milk indicate a high prevelance of cancer/disease/obesity/osteoporosis.

Ride Scoozy Electric Bicycles
http://www.RideScoozy.com
Quote Reply
Re: Milk, Not Organic but maybe a better comprimise? (Oberweis Dairy) [Maui] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I were you I would do some research about soy milk, it is no better for you... in fact it may be worse. Almond milk/Rice milk is what I drink. Someone told me about hemp milk but I have not tried it yet.

Ride Scoozy Electric Bicycles
http://www.RideScoozy.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next