Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Might as well start FREAKING OUT: Mirror Lake temperatures.... [konaexpress] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
konaexpress wrote:
I did a 3800m ow swim this morning. Very fugly, I felt I was going backwards at times. If the Monday morning water temp is still above 76, I will be in full panic mode.

A single clear night with a low in the 40s will knock that temp down below 76.1 and there are several in the forecast for the up coming week so you're golden for a wetsuited swim.

Hugh

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Quote Reply
Re: Might as well start FREAKING OUT: Mirror Lake temperatures.... [sciguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
:-)

Barry Dmitruk
2017: Florida 70.3 (done); Mont Tremblant 70.3 & Ironman

Quote Reply
Re: Might as well start FREAKING OUT: Mirror Lake temperatures.... [konaexpress] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I officially don't think there's any chance it won't be under 76 for race day based on this week's forecast.
Quote Reply
Re: Might as well start FREAKING OUT: Mirror Lake temperatures.... [KAlber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have to cheerfully agree. Now if we can have no rain until I am down Keene for the second time, it will be golden!!! I'll be in LP Wednesday, staying at Art Devlin's with my wife and 2 Border Collies.

Barry Dmitruk

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
konaexpress wrote:
I have to cheerfully agree. Now if we can have no rain until I am down Keene for the second time, it will be golden!!! I'll be in LP Wednesday, staying at Art Devlin's with my wife and 2 Border Collies.

x2 on getting down Keene 2x before the rain kicks in....but that is what I said in 2008 and it started pissing rain during the swim and did not stop till 2 hours after I finished. Having said that, I'd be tickled to death if I could match my 2008 time.
Quote Reply
Re: Might as well start FREAKING OUT: Mirror Lake temperatures.... [KAlber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The accu weather forecast sucks (too much above 76) http://www.accuweather.com/...ther-forecast/339681
Hopefully the night time lows will drag the race day temperature down.

Barry Dmitruk

Quote Reply
Re: Might as well start FREAKING OUT: Mirror Lake temperatures.... [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
a 40% chance of rain in LP might as well be 100%.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
KAlber wrote:
a 40% chance of rain in LP might as well be 100%.

Yes, I agree....as long as it is after Konaexpress get's down Keene the second time...and if the rain can wait for 10 more minutes, then I should be down the hill too!
Quote Reply
Re: Might as well start FREAKING OUT: Mirror Lake temperatures.... [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My friend has a connection to a local weatherman here in Syracuse that will be taking the time to take a good look at the forecast on Sunday for us. Will know Wednesday and I will update then. Should be a little more accurate than the websites.

Internet User
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mirror Lake temp was 75° this morning. I am very confident that it will continue the downward trend the rest of this week. a few nights are forecast to be mid 40°'s.

Thursday slowtwitch meet and great at the Pub? none of the regulars were in town last year and I wound up drinking an Ubu by myself. Hopefully a few slowtwitchers will make it this year.
Quote Reply
Re: Might as well start FREAKING OUT: Mirror Lake temperatures.... [MattAune] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i saw the low's in the 40's. If it's wetsuit legal (i can't imagine it not being)...then I'm hoping the temperature drops into the low 70's by sunday.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Heading up to Lake Placid tomorrow morning...anyone have a current water temp for Mirror Lake?
Quote Reply
Re: Might as well start FREAKING OUT: Mirror Lake temperatures.... [KP-NJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
74 this morning https://www.facebook.com/...mp;total_comments=79

Barry Dmitruk

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was just in the water. Regardless of what they report the "official" temperature as, it's friggin' warm! Warmer than the pool I train in. If it's wetsuit-legal, prepare to feel like a boiling lobster...
Quote Reply
Re: Might as well start FREAKING OUT: Mirror Lake temperatures.... [Doug MacLean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i see the temp rise friday and saturday, is that likely to take us back to 76 ?

i can live with the rain if it chooses to piss it down
Last edited by: UKINNY: Jul 24, 13 4:20
Quote Reply
Re: Might as well start FREAKING OUT: Mirror Lake temperatures.... [Doug MacLean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Doug MacLean wrote:
I was just in the water. Regardless of what they report the "official" temperature as, it's friggin' warm! Warmer than the pool I train in. If it's wetsuit-legal, prepare to feel like a boiling lobster...

Where do you swim where they keep the pool water temps below 76º?

Edit: changed 'above' to 'below' simply to make more sense in context

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Last edited by: Tri-Banter: Jul 24, 13 5:45
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you are there just go to the end of the pier. There is a small rope with a thermometer attached to the end of it. You can see for yourself the water temperature. Today it will drop for sure.

Barry Dmitruk

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
By the way, I did not realize they have that thermometer there....did you measure the temp at Epicman LP?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes I did, seems to me it was around 64'ish.

Barry Dmitruk

Quote Reply
Re: Might as well start FREAKING OUT: Mirror Lake temperatures.... [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ithaca College. Amazing new pool facility there, and they keep it nice and cool, so it's great for distance sets. I've never asked a lifeguard the temperature, but I'd guess it's 74 or 75 most days.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yup, you're right... it dropped. Storm last night, and cool air, are dropping it. 73/74 this morning. If I had to bet my life savings one way or the other, I'd be that we'll be wetsuit-legal on Sunday.
Quote Reply
Re: Might as well start FREAKING OUT: Mirror Lake temperatures.... [TheBeek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anybody know WTC's policy when it comes to thunder storms? Is it a go? Or, does lighting put a damper on the day?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
according to weather.com it's going to be 40 tonight, 44 tomorrow night, and 51 friday night. But, Saturday should make some people's hearts skip a beat with a high of 79.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just checked the temperature, still 74. Air temperature is 54 going to 38 tonight. 42 Thursday night, 48 Friday night, 57 Saturday night.

Barry Dmitruk

Quote Reply
Re: Might as well start FREAKING OUT: Mirror Lake temperatures.... [Dark Mark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dark Mark wrote:
My friend has a connection to a local weatherman here in Syracuse that will be taking the time to take a good look at the forecast on Sunday for us. Will know Wednesday and I will update then. Should be a little more accurate than the websites.

Talked to the weather guy...this is basically what he said:

Internet User
Quote Reply

Prev Next