Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Might as well start FREAKING OUT: Mirror Lake temperatures.... [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Murphy'sLaw wrote:
kny wrote:
Murphy'sLaw wrote:

Looks to be a long catered training day for Andy Potts - doesn't appear anyone can catch him, already.

Well, Josh Beck is gaining on him and he did have a good swim, only 31 minutes down from Potts out of the water.

I didn't realize Josh was there... that *could* make it interesting later on.
PS - "only" 31 minutes down on the swim.

I would never want to start an IM bike with a 31 minute lead over Josh, but I think Potts will find a way to hold on...... :) Josh went 2:17:29 for 1st lap to Pott's 2:21:01.

Interestingly, the climber extraordinaire who was on no one's radar but won SavageMan 70.0 last year in a nail-biter over Josh and AJ Baucco, Kelly Williamson (the male Kelly Williamson), has moved into 2nd fastest amateur at 86 from outside the top 10 at 30.
Quote Reply
Re: Might as well start FREAKING OUT: Mirror Lake temperatures.... [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri-Banter wrote:
[The conditions are perfect for a fast day (if only someone had predicted that way earlier in the thread). Anyone know how Daniel runs?

They really are looking lucky with the weather today.

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Quote Reply
Re: Might as well start FREAKING OUT: Mirror Lake temperatures.... [kny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kelly W (the doode) is KILLING it today.

Josh is a machine. The 30m segment on his 2nd lap, was < :20 slower than the first lap. And both were 27+ mph.
Amazing.

30 mi 30 mi 1:06:21 2:31:24 27.13 mi/h
56 mi 26 mi 1:11:08 3:42:32 21.93 mi/h
86 mi 30 mi 1:06:39 4:49:11 27.01 mi/h

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: Might as well start FREAKING OUT: Mirror Lake temperatures.... [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And he can run fairly well.

3:24 at cozumel last year. He is currently 6th OA!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Josh is 7 minutes up on Potts at 86. I expect we'll see 1:17, 4:38, 2:53 out of him today.
Quote Reply
Re: Might as well start FREAKING OUT: Mirror Lake temperatures.... [kny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kny wrote:
Josh is 7 minutes up on Potts at 86. I expect we'll see 1:17, 4:38, 2:53 out of him today.

Timing looks like an issue, a 55-59 guy is now in the race lead! That guy Kelly Williamson is now 21 miles into the run!
Quote Reply
Re: Might as well start FREAKING OUT: Mirror Lake temperatures.... [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jennie H into 3rd off the bike. Let's see that blazing run!

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: Might as well start FREAKING OUT: Mirror Lake temperatures.... [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mauricemaher wrote:
kny wrote:

Timing looks like an issue, a 55-59 guy is now in the race lead! That guy Kelly Williamson is now 21 miles into the run!

K - close! Josh lost a little bit 'o time coming back to town, but still biked 4:40.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Murphy'sLaw wrote:
mauricemaher wrote:
kny wrote:

K - close! Josh lost a little bit 'o time coming back to town, but still biked 4:40.

yeah timing looks repaired, 4:40 is pretty smokin' on that course.
Quote Reply
Re: Might as well start FREAKING OUT: Mirror Lake temperatures.... [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mauricemaher wrote:
Murphy'sLaw wrote:
mauricemaher wrote:
kny wrote:

yeah timing looks repaired, 4:40 is pretty smokin' on that course.

Agreed. Much respect.

And, he's not even all that aero, and he's not a little doode.
Super strong climber, which is amazing for his size.
(I'm not calling Josh 'fat'. He's just 'big-boned' ;-)

PS- Jennie Hanson, doing work on the run:
Quote:
Spotters have reported that Jennie Hansen has already made up at least one minute into Griesbauer's lead, and that Lester only trails by 1:20.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Murphy'sLaw wrote:
Quote:
Spotters have reported that Jennie Hansen has already made up at least one minute into Griesbauer's lead, and that Lester only trails by 1:20.

New Quote:
Quote:
Look out for Rochester, New York's Jennie Hansen. Last year she came from behind (from fifth) and ran the fastest marathon (3:12:25) to finish second. She is much closer to the front this year.

Jennie was 9+ min back out of T2. At the 3 mile mark, she's picked up about 5 minutes on Dede.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dede's now in 2nd. Jennie needs to pick her off, then keep on keeping on. Lester seems to be running well, too.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone got a weather report? BIG thunderstorms here in the midAtlantic.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't know the guy. Didn't realize he was AG!

Fontana and Potts looks interesting, Fontana put a minute into him in T1 and another 1:30 or so in the first 8 miles.

Meant to reply to Murphyslaw
Last edited by: mauricemaher: Jul 28, 13 10:46
Quote Reply
Re: Might as well start FREAKING OUT: Mirror Lake temperatures.... [dsmallwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dsmallwood wrote:
Anyone got a weather report? BIG thunderstorms here in the midAtlantic.

Looking at the radar, it does look like some rain is headed in that direction and might hit in about an hour. Could be welcome if it isn't accompanied by lots of lightening.

================================
blog
twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Might as well start FREAKING OUT: Mirror Lake temperatures.... [dsmallwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They've had some rain, but for the most part, a great day for racing.

ST's own Rich Burke out crushing dreams on the run, after biking 5:20 - thru 3m in 6:29's. DAMN.
Appears to be in 7th AG currently, but likely to run a lot of those other 6 guys down.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kona Express appears to be 3rd in M50-54 off the bike 1:04 & 5:29 thus far.

Dev w/ 1:04 and 5:45, plus his usual ProZone T-times.

PS - Josh Beck throwing down 6:14's for the first 3m. Double-DAMN.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Murphy'sLaw wrote:
Dede's now in 2nd. Jennie needs to pick her off, then keep on keeping on. Lester seems to be running well, too.

Ironman.com wrote:
Jennie Hansen just passed Dede Griesbauer for second but Dede is hanging tough. They trail Carrie Lester by 2:30 at just before mile 8.

Yeah baby!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Jennie Hansen is running strong. These cool conditions are playing into the favor of this strong marathoner. At mile 10, Carrie Lester leads by just 45 seconds.

NY in the hizzouse!

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Josh Beck and Kelly Williamson (doode) now 1-2 in AG after 8.2 miles. SavageMan may no longer be able to draw much of a pro field in this day and age of WTC and Rev3 incentivizing pros to race within their series, but I'd say these guys are showing that SavageMan's AG field is no joke. Kelly will likely fade a bit from here, Josh will continue to move up to top 5 overall on the day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As I'm waiting for updates, I'm watching the bike dismount line. Fun to see the dazed and confused look of the cyclists trying to flip their leg over the bar and try running on those legs. (Also a little sad to see how many people misjudge the line and bike right on by it).

Potts is up by more than 10 min after 16. Think he'll go for the course record or start to conserve?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What's the course record? Simon Lessing? Or Steve Larson? Is Potts in spitting range? I would have thought a 4:48 bike would put it well out of reach.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I read on IMDead earlier, that he'd hafta run something like a 2:45 to get the record. No chance.

He does whatever he needs to, to nab the win comfortably, and start getting ready for Kona.

Rich Burke appears to be running at *least* :30/mile faster than the next fastest runner ahead of him in his AG.
(and in some cases, over a minute/mile faster).
I'd be shocked if he didn't run his way into the top 3 AG, and possibly all the way to the lead.

(not that I'm trying to jinx him. ok, maybe just a little... ;-)

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kny wrote:
What's the course record? Simon Lessing? Or Steve Larson? Is Potts in spitting range? I would have thought a 4:48 bike would put it well out of reach.

Simon Lessing at 8:23.12

At 16.1,
Quote:
1 07:24:44 1 Potts, Andy Colorado

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kny wrote:

Here ya go:

Quote:
Unless Andy Potts runs 2:44:54 or faster, a course record will be out of reach. That bike ride looked like a took a bit out of him and he spent a little extra time in T2. Will he just run steady to stay ahead and save some of that effort for Kona?

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply

Prev Next