Kamloops BC
Quote Reply
Re: Michelle Vesterby Pregnant! [Trishyfishy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah
Quote Reply
Re: Michelle Vesterby Pregnant! [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I assume she is going to miss the 2019 season and good luck moving forward.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does the ! mean this was totally unexpected?
Quote Reply
Re: Michelle Vesterby Pregnant! [sjc166] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To Danish Tv2 she say that it is planned, and she is going for a slot in ironman Mexico.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trishyfishy wrote:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BpurHVrhTOa/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

Wow, she must have skipped the pasta party in Kona to get right into action..
Quote Reply
Re: Michelle Vesterby Pregnant! [robeambro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She is doing mexico in 2 weeks, 17 weeks pregnant. Hopes to qualify for kona have the baby not gain too much weight during pregnancy(!?!?!?) At be back at kona 19.

I dont know what to really think.
Quote Reply
Re: Michelle Vesterby Pregnant! [lassekk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am all for woman exercising, running, biking, swimming and anything else for fitness while pregnant. But racing an Ironman. Oh my
Quote Reply
Re: Michelle Vesterby Pregnant! [Kenney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe WTC could provide a formula for allocating wild card Kona entries to pregnant women that achieved a certain level of performance in the immediate past Kona. Michelle shouldn’t have to do this. Just like Lucy Charles shouldn’t have had to do three races a couple years ago post baby.

Michelle seems to be a well sponsored athlete, and I wonder if this is driven by the need to stay active for her sponsors.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Let the ugly comments commence!
:

Quote:

• konawannabe703@astrid.stienen I think it is disturbing. A planned pregnancy to boost the volume of blood cells is a known method of biological manipulation 🧐 It’s quite sad if you ask me. A child’s birth/health should never be used as a way of benefiting an athletes performance.

• konawannabe703@meswimbikerun why? Any athlete who plans a pregnancy to coincide with a major championship is only thinking of one thing. I’m sorry. It should raise red flags. It’s just the truth. Michelle is now 13 weeks pregnant and still plans to race. I think it’s a little bizarre. Nobody questions it, just like Nikola Spirig being pregnant for her two Olympics. It’s not right.

• astrid.stienen@konawannabe703 same with you. I would have never raced when i knew i was pregnant. Wanted to join some races but even had to quit these ideas because my body told me exactly what to do. Also racing on a high Level isn’t good for blood delivery and development of uterus and the new little life. You are not only responsible for your own but also for the new life.

My latest book: "Out of the Melting Pot, Into the Fire" is on sale on Amazon and at other online and local booksellers
Last edited by: jens: Nov 4, 18 7:47
Quote Reply
Re: Michelle Vesterby Pregnant! [Poon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Poon wrote:
Maybe WTC could provide a formula for allocating wild card Kona entries to pregnant women that achieved a certain level of performance in the immediate past Kona. Michelle shouldn’t have to do this. Just like Lucy Charles shouldn’t have had to do three races a couple years ago post baby.

Michelle seems to be a well sponsored athlete, and I wonder if this is driven by the need to stay active for her sponsors.

eh? Fairly sure LC doesn't have a child
Quote Reply
Re: Michelle Vesterby Pregnant! [Poon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Poon wrote:

It wasn’t Lucy Charles. You are thinking of Rachel Joyce.
Quote Reply
Re: Michelle Vesterby Pregnant! [SkyFly Gal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Absolutely was thinking RJ. Not sure how I swapped those two.
Quote Reply
Re: Michelle Vesterby Pregnant! [jens] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bashed that POS for her comments.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://www.instagram.com/p/BqVDRW-BsXI/?hl=en

Looks like her day ended ~35 miles into the bike with a puncture that she couldn’t fix

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Michelle Vesterby Pregnant! [SkyFly Gal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SkyFly Gal wrote:
Poon wrote:

It wasn’t Lucy Charles. You are thinking of Rachel Joyce.

Speaking of Rachel Joyce, is she retired? She hasn't raced since Kona 2017? Almost a lifetime away in this sport or is she injured?
Quote Reply
Re: Michelle Vesterby Pregnant! [jens] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wtf...can't really plan a pregnancy...everyone knows of those couples who try all the time and just seem to miss their window...like get bent.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Michelle Vesterby Pregnant! [sjc166] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sjc166 wrote:
Does the ! mean this was totally unexpected?

Lol

It's funny how a small punctuation mark can change the entire message mood

Michelle Vesterby pregnant
Michelle Vesterby Pregnant!
Michelle Vesterby Pregnant?
Michelle Vesterby Pregnant?!
Michelle Vesterby Pregnant.
Michelle Vesterby "Pregnant"
Michelle Vesterby Pregnant*

By the way, congrats and best wishes to Michelle, great news
Last edited by: lacticturkey: Nov 18, 18 14:52
Quote Reply
Re: Michelle Vesterby Pregnant! [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She flatted today and didn't finish the race, unfortunately. Saw her cheering people on the run course in Street clothes with Talbot, which was nice to see
Quote Reply
Re: Michelle Vesterby Pregnant! [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tomorrow she is racing IM CPH, 3 month after her baby was born... She hopes to be competitive!
Quote Reply