Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Men in tights [Jloewe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Funny thread - I bet most of the people that cringe about shorts over tights also wear neoprene shorts and a watch to the pool - but I digress..

I wear tights when it dips below 30 F or it's really windy. I wear a pair of shorts over them for some extra wind protection and because they have pockets. I live in NYC and even though I pass by the residences of 100's of 1000's of people on my running path, no one seems to look up from their Canada Goose coat to care about what I am wearing. So carry on, shorts over tights people!

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Men in tights [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri-Banter wrote:
can we discuss women in tights?
---

In my experience, womens typically don't like it when men talk about womens in tights. It gets 'creepy' from their perspective (probably because we're a bunch of ogling creeps). For the most part, we over-approve, with some exceptions.

I think the analogous conversation would be womens running without bras...Nah, that won't end well either.

It's creepy when men discuss other men's clothing. Have I ever heard a guy say "nice slacks" to another guy? Never.

Tights, speedos, etc. are all good, if you're moving or going to be moving or just got done moving.

Next similar post will be about old men not covering up in the locker room and how they don't give a damn.

Indoor Triathlete - I thought I was right, until I realized I was wrong.
Quote Reply
Re: Men in tights [IT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IT wrote:
Tri-Banter wrote:

It's creepy when men discuss other men's clothing. Have I ever heard a guy say "nice slacks" to another guy? Never.

Tights, speedos, etc. are all good, if you're moving or going to be moving or just got done moving.

^this!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IT wrote:
Tri-Banter wrote:
---

In my experience, womens typically don't like it when men talk about womens in tights. It gets 'creepy' from their perspective (probably because we're a bunch of ogling creeps). For the most part, we over-approve, with some exceptions.

I think the analogous conversation would be womens running without bras...Nah, that won't end well either.

Next similar post will be about old men not covering up in the locker room and how they don't give a damn.

2019, HTFU.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IT wrote:
Tri-Banter wrote:
---

Not slacks, necessarily, but I will compliment another dude on shirt, tie, or shoes

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Men in tights [wilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wilbert wrote:
DFW_Tri wrote:
This thread is hilarious. The tunnel vision exhibited here is priceless.

But again, the difference is that the entire (including non-tri) population would have an adverse reaction to the wife beater. In contrast, the miniscule tri (and perhaps running) population appears to be adverse to short over tights whereas the population at large I have NO doubt would (1) prefer a male to wear shorts over the tights and (2) cringe at the thought of the man in long tights with nothing else

I can only assume that everyone here voting for tights with nothing on top also blithely assumes that they look normal, perhaps even cool, riding outdoors with their cycling kits and/or trisuits.

Maybe it's a bit different on the other side of the ocean, but in the Netherlands almost every runner runs in tights. Without something over those tights. I don't see why you would put shorts on top of tights. If your junk shows, maybe people should try tights with a better quality fabric ;-)

That's not gonna help me. but then, I gotta make sure I wear shorts that are long enough. Just sayin' ;-)

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IT wrote:

If you mention it, you gotta post it

Its a rule

Quote Reply
Re: Men in tights [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was going running with my tights on, but had to take my daughter(7) to gymnastics. She made me put on shorts before we left the house. I found the shortest running shorts I had over my tights just to make her happy.
Quote Reply
Re: Men in tights [Vaulter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good choice. No need to embarrass the kids.
Quote Reply
Re: Men in tights [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:

But again, the difference is that the entire (including non-tri) population would have an adverse reaction to the wife beater. In contrast, the miniscule tri (and perhaps running) population appears to be adverse to short over tights whereas the population at large I have NO doubt would (1) prefer a male to wear shorts over the tights and (2) cringe at the thought of the man in long tights with nothing else

I can only assume that everyone here voting for tights with nothing on top also blithely assumes that they look normal, perhaps even cool, riding outdoors with their cycling kits and/or trisuits.

Yes or it's normal to wear Oakley cycling glasses, jeans, Hokas, and a finisher shirt to the grocery store.

I wear shorts over tights. As a middle-aged guy I think it looks better. I also often wear a long sleeved base layer under a running tshirt (as has been mentioned). Same idea.
Quote Reply
Re: Men in tights [smoom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
smoom wrote:
DFW_Tri wrote:
I also often wear a long sleeved base layer under a running tshirt (as has been mentioned). Same idea.

This couple with tri shorts (covered by baggy shorts) is my typical winter running garb. I’ve never seen any running in my neighborhood or local trail with just tights.
Quote Reply
Re: Men in tights [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
smoom wrote:
DFW_Tri wrote:
I also often wear a long sleeved base layer under a running tshirt (as has been mentioned). Same idea.

This couple with tri shorts (covered by baggy shorts) is my typical winter running garb. I’ve never seen any running in my neighborhood or local trail with just tights.

Down in Austin I've seen guys running the trail in just UA Sonic compression shorts. That said, the one time I nearly stepped out the door like that, I ran back in to pull my shorts on.

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that speed, for lack of a better word, is good. Speed is right, Speed works. Speed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.
Quote Reply
Re: Men in tights [JoelO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JoelO wrote:
I wear the UA compression underwear under my tights (no shorts on top)...keeps everything in place and is an additional layer of warmth.

This, definitely no shorts over the top. Show the world your bulge. There are winter running underwear that have wind-proof fronts to protect your bits from the windchill and I wear those under tights.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IT wrote:
Tri-Banter wrote:
---

I've told other men that I like their pants. By the transitive property, that qualifies me to tell other men that they look silly when they wear shorts over their tights. Even if the shorts are nice.

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/domingjm
Quote Reply
Re: Men in tights [domingjm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Never shorts over tights! If they were meant to be worn that way, the manufacturers would make them that way.
Quote Reply
Re: Men in tights [smoom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
smoom wrote:
DFW_Tri wrote:

Yes or it's normal to wear Oakley cycling glasses, jeans, Hokas, and a finisher shirt to the grocery store.

I wear shorts over tights. As a middle-aged guy I think it looks better. I also often wear a long sleeved base layer under a running tshirt (as has been mentioned). Same idea.

Seems okay to me as long as you have a finisher medal on display also.

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/domingjm
Quote Reply
Re: Men in tights [Jloewe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was on the TM at the gym last week, and out of the corner of my eye I thought I saw a dude wearing white tights under his shorts

I turned my head to get a better look, and it was just a really old guy with very pale legs

And NO I wasn't looking in the mirror

Quote Reply

Prev Next