Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Men in tights [Jloewe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think it matters. It's all about attitude!

I saw a guy running recently with flowing, feathered Jeff Bridges hair, aviator sunglasses, no shirt and itty bitty shorts. (I'm generally not a fan of any of those.) Somehow he looked good. I think my face expressed my admiration because he did one of those nodding "yes, ladies, I DO look good" things.

Just get out there and rock your stuff! And practice that head nodding move. You're gonna need it.
Quote Reply
Re: Men in tights [Calamityjane88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Calamityjane88 wrote:
I don't think it matters. It's all about attitude!

I saw a guy running recently with flowing, feathered Jeff Bridges hair, aviator sunglasses, no shirt and itty bitty shorts. (I'm generally not a fan of any of those.) Somehow he looked good. I think my face expressed my admiration because he did one of those nodding "yes, ladies, I DO look good" things.

Just get out there and rock your stuff! And practice that head nodding move. You're gonna need it.

Yeah, I remember you too!

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jloewe wrote:
Ok, those northerners. How do you run in tights? Shorts underneath, shorts on top? Of junktastic?

Junktastic? I think I learned a new word today.

I don't wear shorts over tights but do wear them over compression shorts. The compression shorts keep my legs from rubbing and the over shorts hide the sweat marks. Or say at the gym, over shorts for vanity / style, compression shorts so there's no view of my underpants while reclined (bench, stability ball, stretching, etc.).

Not all seams are created equally, so there have been times I've worn underpants under tights or compression shorts. Another consideration is how tightly is the fabric stretched, can you see through it? I got no desire to have my crack visible through my clothes!

Junktastic. That's awesome.

To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.
Quote Reply
Re: Men in tights [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If it is warm and it is halftime in the game...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
either tri-shorts (generally work out old ones) or windproof underwear.
Quote Reply
Re: Men in tights [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
burnthesheep wrote:
I'm a novice at running. But my under-armour tights are only good to about 40 deg. Below 40 I either do the winter cycling bib tights only or do "synthetic gym sweat pants with brushed inside". I like the cycling bib tights for the suspenders and the fact some of my tighter shirts I wear running tend to "ride up". If they do, they never get far enough up to matter when wearing bib tights.

I do shorts over the UA tights, but not over the cycling bib.

I totally over dressed the other night. A front was supposed to come through right as I left the front door for an hour trot (I said I was a novice). Yup, front stalled and I soaked my hoodie through my base layer. I did however recognize it happening and decided to keep it on, but just not stop and end up getting chills. So, kept the route "fluid" so no stops longer than like 15 seconds.

I bet that smells wonderful in the clothes hamper about right now.

40*F is what, about 5*C?

That's shorts weather around here....

Running I’m too slow to generate enough heat energy for shorts.
Quote Reply
Re: Men in tights [y_nigel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
y_nigel wrote:
wat? shorts on top of tights? seriously?

I live in suburban Vancouver and see loads of dudes running in tights in the winter and like nobody wears shorts over-top. I feel like it would be kinda awkward to wear too.

That's a 70's or 80's thing
Quote Reply
Re: Men in tights [squid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Amen! Wind briefs from Road Runner Sports underneath, never shorts on top of tights - the ultimate Fred look of the running world.

http://www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just tights. If it's particularly cold and windy I'll wear a thin pair of pants over the tights. But never shorts.
Quote Reply
Re: Men in tights [TiDriver] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What you fail to realize is that 95% of the population are not runners. And of those 5% runners, most still most overdress in baggy clothes. So, Sport the tights or (only) tri shorts, short shorts etc. if you wish, but make no mistake, the rest of the world is scratching their collective head and/or laughing at you.
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: Jan 11, 19 11:33
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Never, never, never shorts over tights!!

I run in shorts down to about 20 degrees. Below that, speedo or tri shorts under tights. If REALLY cold (-20ish) wear wind briefs under tights.

NEVER shorts over tights!!

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: Men in tights [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I"m glad this topic came up. Been looking for some new thermal run tights for the winter. Went to the local outlet stores nearby. Nike, Adidas, Reebok, NB, Saucony. No one had men run tights. Or they seem to be the new style, tight up to the calves and loose in the thighs. The ones I see the high school kids wearing around as pants.
Thought maybe the tights went out of style. Only place I found them was the Asiac's store and they only had 2 pairs.

No shorts over tights either. I wear compression shorts underneath. When in the single digits I'll wear some thermal UA tights underneath.

I need to pick up some of those compression shorts with the wind panel. Can't count the number of times i've come home with a frozen dick.
Quote Reply
Re: Men in tights [mattr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It doesn't seem quite as easy to find men's tights these days.

As long as you don't look at the label, ladies tights seem to fit me just fine (go up one size). Also, some cycling wear companies have very nice tights e.g. Pactimo and Castelli

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: Men in tights [mattr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mattr wrote:
Or they seem to be the new style, tight up to the calves and loose in the thighs.

Error 404, quads not found.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cleveland, Ohio, and have NEVER worn shorts over tights. And NEVER will. It's just wrong.

I wanna go fast!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Triathletes making fun of other triathletes for fashion choices.

Now that's rich.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another one (Minnesotan) never wearing shorts over tights. Compression shorts or windbriefs+compression shorts underneath if it's really cold (negative ten or below or really windy and below 10F). I won't wear tights unless it's below 32.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jloewe wrote:
Ok, those northerners. How do you run in tights? Shorts underneath, shorts on top? Of junktastic?

What would be the point of shorts? Besides, you don't get many opportunities to show off your penis in public. Don't be bashful and take advantage of the ones you get.

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/domingjm
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Never wear shorts over tights (unless you're this guy).

If it's cold enough for tights, I'll wear compression shorts under the tights. (Too proud to go junktastic.)

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: Men in tights [domingjm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Besides, you don't get many opportunities to show off your penis in public. Don't be bashful and take advantage of the ones you get.

In the cold? Umm....
Last edited by: Tom_hampton: Jan 11, 19 13:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TiDriver wrote:
Amen! Wind briefs from Road Runner Sports underneath, never shorts on top of tights - the ultimate Fred look of the running world.

Totally. If you can wear a speedo, you can muster the confidence to wear tights as they were intended to be worn. Sheesh.

Quote Reply
Re: Men in tights [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Never wear a belt with a speedo.
Quote Reply
Re: Men in tights [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alvin Tostig wrote:

If it's cold enough for tights, I'll wear compression shorts under the tights. (Too proud to go junktastic.)

Wearing a speedo over tights is in a category unto itself.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I live in the upper midwest. I generally wear tights for running outside when temps drop below 40 deg F. Never shorts on top. I sometimes wear tights in warm weather as well (lightweight, compression tights) - again, never shorts on top. Some tights are more form fitting than others. Either way.... wear 'em loud, wear 'em proud.
Quote Reply
Re: Men in tights [domingjm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
domingjm wrote:
Alvin Tostig wrote:

Wearing a speedo over tights is in a category unto itself.

Which did not end well for George Reeves.
Quote Reply

Prev Next