Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Memphis 70.3
Quote | Reply
Looks like that race is coming soon per a teaser on Ironman’s Facebook page.

Anybody know any details?

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Last edited by: The GMAN: Nov 19, 19 14:18
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Memphis??? [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’d imagine a 70.3. Memphis was one of the cities passed up in favor of IM Tulsa yeah?

Me: https://carnivoreendurance.blogspot.com/...ever-comes-next.html

Latest: Colorectal Cancer is in the News Again. Don't Blame Red Meat
https://carnivoreendurance.blogspot.com/...news-again-dont.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's definitely memphis, would be awesome if it was a full.

Team Zoot 2023
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Memphis??? [aerobean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With all of the hubbaloo IM had for their last full N.Am. IM announcement, it has to be a 70.3.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
aerobean wrote:
It's definitely memphis, would be awesome if it was a full.

IMCHOO doesn't even sell out, would seem unusual to add a second full in the same state.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If it is Memphis, and I ever do the race, I would have this song on repeat in my head if I had to walk any of the run leg:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YFEB9xLeLmY
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would LOVE to see a fall Memphis 70.3. I am just outside of Chicago and have been trying to find a fall 70.3 for 2020 that is within a 7-8 hour drive. This would be perfect. I missed out on Traverse City because I snoozed on registration, but if this is a fall half I would be a immediate sign-up.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Memphis??? [Parkland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is a perfect opportunity for a Rick Roll...

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Memphis??? [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Time of year though, if it was a June full I'd sign up today.

Team Zoot 2023
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chattanooga full, IMO, suffers from a timing issue. I'm in Nashville but would be hesitant to sign up for the full (have done the half a couple times in May) because it can still be really hot in the latter part of September. I'd be more likely to race both Chattanooga races if they swapped dates.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seems like the region would be saturated to have another full - Chatty, Louisville, Tulsa, and Texas all within 8 hours drive from Memphis.

Des Moines, like Memphis, was a finalist against Tulsa for the full before getting a 70.3. I’d guess it’ll be the same thing and they’ll put a half in Memphis

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Memphis??? [Chemist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree that it's likely a 70.3 but the 70.3 calendar is pretty crowded in that neck of the woods too.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Memphis could be a great venue for those thinking it's an overlap of having multiple events in our state....those of us that live in Nashville or to the east consider Memphis as part of Arkansas and Mississippi.....
Last edited by: dhinkle: Nov 15, 19 14:10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oct 3...
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Memphis??? [Brewbadger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hellllllllll yes. I will register for this on opening day. I was looking at Augusta, but it's a bit too far from Chicago. This will be perfect.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is probably why WTC put the race there. How many participants can they pull from a well ran grass roots race like Redman? The Redman folks won't sell so WTC may as well attempt to put them out of business like they have so many other quality, local events.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Memphis??? [alaska848] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kind of wondering if they are trying to put IM Chattanooga (Full IM) out of business or force them to change their date for 2021. Memphis is 6 days after Chattanooga, not sure how many people will choose Memphis over Chattanooga, but it will be a few people. It might be a different crowd (full vs half) and not make much of a difference, but I will have to decide between the two. Also sucks for Deep South triathlon which is on the Oct 4th close to Jackson MS about 2.5 hours from Memphis.
Last edited by: Brewbadger: Nov 19, 19 11:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's Chattanooga's full though. Chattanooga's 70.3 is much earlier in the year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don’t think so. Ironman Augusta 70.3 has been the same day as IM CHOO and they aren’t very far apart geographically.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like a Shelby Farms-based course. Swim in Patriot Lake and single loop bike 'out east.' Run all within the Farms. Should be a nice venue - great for the park. Disregard the "Transition will be located in Gerry Boyle Park at Great Marsh." on the swim page, as that seems to refer to a different race.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Memphis??? [A527G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A527G wrote:
. Disregard the "Transition will be located in Gerry Boyle Park at Great Marsh." on the swim page, as that seems to refer to a different race.

Eagleman. Poor cut & paste work by WTC.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Memphis 70.3 [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Changed title to reflect race officially being a 70.3.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sucks. I was hoping it would either be early June or early September to guarantee a warm race. Also 5 weeks out from Choo would have been nice too.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Memphis??? [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JackStraw13 wrote:
.... to guarantee a warm race.......

Why?

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Memphis??? [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
JackStraw13 wrote:
.... to guarantee a warm race.......

Why?

Seriously right? October 4th in Memphis will probably be 80F at a minimum. Being on the Mississippi River, a warm day with humidity could be pretty warm.
Quote Reply

Prev Next