Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Medial Knee Pain Cycling
Quote | Reply
Long time runner here that has dabbled in Tris here and there. I just decided to get more serious about them. Anyway, as I've been building my cycling mileage, I've begun to feel more and more pain on the inside of my knee. From what I've read, I need to move my cleats in. I've done this and it seemed to help some but I can't move them in any further. What other options are there? Do they have narrow cranksets or anything? I know literally nothing about bikes and it's all fairly confusing to figure this out as a newbie. I have a cannondale slice if that helps or matters somehow. Thanks for your help...
Quote Reply
Re: Medial Knee Pain Cycling [kdizzle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You made a pretty good move by moving laterally towards the pain, but that's only part of the story. Without seeing you in person (from several different angles, on and off the bike), it's hard to suggest a next move. My mind immediately goes to stabilizing the foot on the pedal through the use of cleat wedges, in-the-shoe wedges, heel wedges, insoles or a combination of these.

Sorry, that's not much of an answer. I would certainly recommend a bike fit, preferably from someone who is BikeFit-certified (all F.I.S.T.-certified fitters get a day of BikeFit training). With BikeFit, we have a lot of emphasis on the foot.

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply