Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Mechanics: Corima Rear Tubular 4 spoke conversion?
Quote | Reply
For those experienced bike mechanics...I have an older rear tubular Coriima I am trying to sell. I was on 8/9 speed when I bought it years ago & have used it with 10 speed SRAM Red.

Would 11 speed fit-work on this or do I need to change the ? Not like there is any dishing needed since there are metal spokes--thinking all I may need to do is change the hub body out?
Quote Reply
Re: Mechanics: Corima Rear Tubular 4 spoke conversion? [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Buy an Ultegra 11 speed cassette and machine 1.85mm off of the back.
Quote Reply
Re: Mechanics: Corima Rear Tubular 4 spoke conversion? [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks.
Other than that, because it is so old (circa 2000 or 2001 when I bought it), thinking maybe those bearings would be old & maybe easier (although not cheaper), to replace the hub body only with an 11 sp? Or will that solution just not work...?
Quote Reply
Re: Mechanics: Corima Rear Tubular 4 spoke conversion? [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You would need to create a CNC program to manufacture a new freehub body. That would cost you around $500.

You can machine the back off a cassette for about $30.
Quote Reply
Re: Mechanics: Corima Rear Tubular 4 spoke conversion? [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was thinking I could replace with one of these for about $100? Granted, I am not a mechanic and leave that to the experts but do some of the easier stuff like change out RD pulleys, rings, cassettes or cranks, etc. But when it comes to this type of stuff (wheels in general)--best left to an expert.

https://www.corima.com/...te-body.html?isorc=1
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rocky M wrote:
I was thinking I could replace with one of these for about $100? Granted, I am not a mechanic and leave that to the experts but do some of the easier stuff like change out RD pulleys, rings, cassettes or cranks, etc. But when it comes to this type of stuff (wheels in general)--best left to an expert.

https://www.corima.com/...te-body.html?isorc=1

Ok, but what do you plan on selling a 10-12 year old 4 spoke tubular for?

Maurice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure that none of the freehub bodies in that link will fit your wheel.
Quote Reply
Re: Mechanics: Corima Rear Tubular 4 spoke conversion? [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
$300 with a cassette and 10 tubulars which are a mix of Vittoria Corsa CX (one on it is brand new). Half are Vittorias & the other half are a mix of Tufo Jet & Super Lite (a $100 tire). I change tires yearly regardless of wear, for ensuring I have a solid tire to race on.
Quote Reply