Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Maybe time to get my pro license?
Quote | Reply
Ran 71 miles this week, biked 200 miles and swam 5000 yards, plus last week ran 78 miles, biked 140 and swam 7000 yards.

Pro license? :-)

Actually training for the Antelope Canyon 50 miler on March 14, and the Boston Marathon on April 20. Biking a lot (on Zwift) to race some triathlons and a few gravel races this summer.
Quote Reply
Re: Maybe time to get my pro license? [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Might need to pump those swim numbers up or you'll be starting the bike with age groupers anyways :P

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is almost like you aren't doing any swim training..... :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Maybe time to get my pro license? [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The triathlons I am doing this year will be short and all "pool swim" tris. And for that my swimming is sufficient. And soon the swimming will ramp up with SwimRun season upon us.

Also, I am very much kidding about going pro. It is not like one gets rich there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:
It is not like one gets rich there.
I don't know. The PTO has promised me riches beyond my wildest dreams. Or wait. Maybe that was literally a dream...

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure about your pro licence but it's probably time to post some cute pictures of the twins!
John
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:
Ran 71 miles this week, biked 200 miles and swam 5000 yards, plus last week ran 78 miles, biked 140 and swam 7000 yards.

Pro license? :-)

Actually training for the Antelope Canyon 50 miler on March 14, and the Boston Marathon on April 20. Biking a lot (on Zwift) to race some triathlons and a few gravel races this summer.

Might be a good tax move.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very impressive and you seem quite stoked about the training in general following along via FB etc. Love to see and hear it. Could you quantify how your fitness has been relative to years past?

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Maybe time to get my pro license? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My fitness right now is likely the best in the last 15-20 years, and I am very motivated. Plus I am very lucky to have a lot of time to train, plus the access to a treadmill at home and the bike setup indoors is great.

When I raced mountain bikes in the early 90s I was also very fit.
Quote Reply
Re: Maybe time to get my pro license? [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's quite the training volume! Very nice! Just curious, what time are you trying to target at Boston?

- Jordan

My Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Maybe time to get my pro license? [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Surely not in this forum :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I wish I didn't have a regular job either.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
An AG isnt allowed to type "PRO" in a Post...
Just sayin
;)

=====================================
S�rgio Marques
When it hurts is when it feels good ;-)
Sergio-Marques.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome!

How has the Woodway been factoring into your Boston training? Are you using the decline feature to simulate the front end of the race?
Quote Reply
Re: Maybe time to get my pro license? [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Woodway has been awesome and I use the decline here and there. But most often I run on a 1 percent incline. Last week of the 78.2 miles 49 of them were on the Woodway on Zwift, the rest on trails. This week 44 on trails and 26 on Zwift.

I run enough downhill on trails to have the leg strength for Boston. But in all reality want to run the opening half mellow enough so I can negative split it. I won’t win my age group / finish in the top 5 - thus my goal (which only 1.5 percent of Boston starters managed last year) is to run a nice negative split.

The other goal is to race various events to qualify for UTMB CCC
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:
...biked 200 miles... biked 140...

Thinking about adding a bike portion to the swim run races?

jake

Get outside!
Quote Reply
Re: Maybe time to get my pro license? [jakers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, because it is not a triathlon without a bike. :-)

But planning on racing in some gravel events plus I think the cycling helps my running
Quote Reply