Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Matt Russell
Quote | Reply
Can we give a shout out to Matt Russell. Yes, there were amazing race finishes today for the podium and winners today, including the records, but Matt's result today is just as incredible and in my mind the most amazing pro story of the day. For Matt to finish 6th today blows me away. Congratulations Matt, you are an inspiration.

Matt's collision while racing last year was horrendous and he almost lost his life. He has made an unbelievable come back this year and his finish today should go down as one of the most incredible in professional triathlon history.

Triathlon Taren did a great podcast interview with him a while back and if you haven't heard his story and want to know more about Matt, have a listen...here's the link:

http://triathlontaren.com/matt-russell/
Quote Reply
Re: Matt Russell [Spandexboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Spandexboy wrote:
Can we give a shout out to Matt Russell. Yes, there were amazing race finishes today for the podium and winners today, including the records, but Matt's result today is just as incredible and in my mind the most amazing pro story of the day. For Matt to finish 6th today blows me away. Congratulations Matt, you are an inspiration.

Matt's collision while racing last year was horrendous and he almost lost his life. He has made an unbelievable come back this year and his finish today should go down as one of the most incredible in professional triathlon history.

Triathlon Taren did a great podcast interview with him a while back and if you haven't heard his story and want to know more about Matt, have a listen...here's the link:

http://triathlontaren.com/matt-russell/

one of our writers just called me and asked what apres-kona stories i want. i said go find matt russell. and - i have to confess - lionel ;-)

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Matt Russell [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Slowman. Thanks for all you have done and so for the sport.
Quote Reply
Re: Matt Russell [Spandexboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes! Incredible recovery and performance. I have to admit I didn’t know much about him until I watched him roll across the finish line it IMMT.
Quote Reply