Login required to post replies

Matt Lieto's Escape in Kona
Quote | Reply
Just saw this posted on the Allied Cycle Works blog. Pretty cool video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3GmpN9lDzQ

Quote Reply
Re: Matt Lieto's Escape in Kona [brando] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That looks like Mana Rd, which starts in Waimea and ends up at the Mauna Kea access road between Saddle Rd and the visitor’s center. It’s a great place to run, too, if you like solitude.

Ian
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
he says the gravel riding on Hawaii is underrated............I'd love to find some of those routes. Anytime I am there, and see an old dirt or rocky road, I'm afraid it may lead to someone's property and they'll be pissed if they find out I am on their land. I'll have to look for this Mana Rd. Thanks for posting the video.
Quote Reply
Re: Matt Lieto's Escape in Kona [sneeuwaap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sneeuwaap wrote:
That looks like Mana Rd, which starts in Waimea and ends up at the Mauna Kea access road between Saddle Rd and the visitor’s center. It’s a great place to run, too, if you like solitude.

Ian

^^^ This
Quote Reply
Re: Matt Lieto's Escape in Kona [eye3md] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've took a private road once and it wasn't the owner that was pissed, it was a bull giving me a look. I hauled ass out of there!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pretty cool seeing Matt on an Allied. Their HQ is right by my house here in Little Rock and I ride with those guys all the time. Has been really cool to watch them grow from an idea to a full on bike company. It’s also really cool to ride my Alfa by the building where it was made in house.
Quote Reply
Re: Matt Lieto's Escape in Kona [triguy86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw the Allieds in person for the first time yesterday, and rode the road model. They are pretty incredible. I will be curious to see how far he and others push the All Road in different gravel events and such next year. I am certainly tempted.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You won’t be disappointed. Obviously they’re priced as a high end bike and that’s exactly what they deliver. Their customer service is on point too. My buddy wrecked his Alfa and cracked his fork in half. He took it over to their HQ and in 7 days had a new fork painted to match for $350.
Quote Reply