Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Masks: Shout Out to DeSoto Sports
Quote | Reply
Just purchased the 3-ply (for son, wife, myself); the 2-ply (for daughter, dad); and headtube (for me). Everyone loves all of them. Would highly recommend.
Quote Reply
Re: Masks: Shout Out to DeSoto Sports [YorktownTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
YorktownTri wrote:
Just purchased the 3-ply (for son, wife, myself); the 2-ply (for daughter, dad); and headtube (for me). Everyone loves all of them. Would highly recommend.

Thinking of getting some

Why the different ply?
Quote Reply
Re: Masks: Shout Out to DeSoto Sports [MrTri123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I own one. From a breathability standpoint, I'm not sure if they are really that different from any of the other fabric masks out in the market.

From a usability standpoint, they are easier to adjust because the string/strap isn't one loop. It's two strings on top and two on the bottom, so it makes it easier to adjust and put it on in a way that you want it to fit around your face.

I'm agnostic to it. I wouldn't say that I highly recommend it or highly discourage against buying it. I'm in that middle arena.

MrTri123 wrote:
YorktownTri wrote:

Thinking of getting some

Why the different ply?

Quote | Reply
MrTri123 wrote:

Why the different ply?

The three and one ply have loose ties that you can use to fit the mask to your preference. The three ply has a pocket to add a filter.

The two ply uses loops to go behind the ears. And they are reversible.

I find the headtube to be the most comfortable and easy to use.

I prefer the feel of the material used by DeSoto as opposed to the disposable masks and the cotton ones you can get anywhere and everywhere.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like my SKIN COOLER 3-Ply face mask but it has one fatal flaw: No nose cutout. It's basically a rectangular piece of cloth that you wear over your nose and mouth. I'm happy to see that DeSoto has added more contoured models to the mix now. Breathing through it is super awesome, however, it WRECKS my nose after 10-15 minutes due to the pressure (for the record, I have a long, pointy Euro nose). No matter how I adjust the tension it just becomes frustrating at the pressure on my nose. My take. If I bought another mask from DeSoto, I'd definitely get the REVERSABLE one.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just got two of the two ply in the mail today! Much nicer than the disposables I have been using. I like the reversibility and also how even flipping it upside down (per desoto's suggestion) can change the way it fits and feels. At $14 a mask I think its reasonable and perhaps its mis-placed but I have a lot more faith in the quality control of Desoto than pretty much any other mass produced mask on the market.

God's in his heaven, alls right with the world -Nerv
Quote Reply
Re: Masks: Shout Out to DeSoto Sports [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nickwhite wrote:
I like my SKIN COOLER 3-Ply face mask but it has one fatal flaw: No nose cutout. It's basically a rectangular piece of cloth that you wear over your nose and mouth. I'm happy to see that DeSoto has added more contoured models to the mix now. Breathing through it is super awesome, however, it WRECKS my nose after 10-15 minutes due to the pressure (for the record, I have a long, pointy Euro nose). No matter how I adjust the tension it just becomes frustrating at the pressure on my nose. My take. If I bought another mask from DeSoto, I'd definitely get the REVERSABLE one.

Have you tried the trick of folding a piece of aluminum foil to create the adjustable nose piece? There is a video of how to do it. I used Reynolds wrappers, and I fold them and they fit perfectly without having to cut anything.

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply
Re: Masks: Shout Out to DeSoto Sports [suparuki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I now have about a dozen DeSoto masks. The four received yesterday are of a new design (each order literally has an improvement) so that the three-ply (we insert a HEPA filter in the pocket) doesn’t slip down as much.

I keep buying because of the comfortable fabric and long wearing that holds up after repeated washes. And I throw the white masks into the bleach load and they still look good!

If Emilio sees this, I’d love a British racing green mask next 😉

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply