Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Marathon investigation. Does it matter cause she’s not fast?
Quote | Reply
Thinking about the “how many age group athletes use drugs” post. It seems to be a question of do we care if a 16+ hr finisher cheats? This is an interesting example to add to this discussion. She clearly cheated but she is a back of the pack athlete. Is course cutting as bad as using drugs to gain an advantage against your competitor? She is saying she cut the course to avoid being caught with drugs? Does It matter?

https://www.marathoninvestigation.com/...l-world-athlete.html
Quote Reply
Re: Marathon investigation. Does it matter cause she’s not fast? [Petrus101] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is her explanation on Facebook.

You're totally right and I do owe you and the rest of the members an explanation. Before that, I would like to apologize. I'm sure after reading the article you've come to your own conclusions but I will still continue with my thoughts. Leading into this race I did suffer a major injury. Throughout training it was manageable but still in the back of my mind leading into the race. I carried 2 prescribed pills with me and decided to only take them it if need be. Well, unfortunately the injury flared up on course and I took one of the two pills. Almost immediately I was negatively influenced. Likely due to the heat, dehydration, lack of nutrition and obvious physical exertion I was out of sorts. I should have pulled out right then and there but feared that the medication would be considered a banned substance. My thought process (although wrongly influenced) was to just push through without medical assistance to ensure that the substance issue wasn't exposed. In that state, I went through the finishers chute. Upon the race I mailed back my medal and discussed with my family how I was going to approach this situation. Unfortunately I was too late and made some poor decisions to try to buy some time before dealing with this sensitive issue. Again, I cannot control what anyone chooses to believe but I hope that if you took the time to read my explanation you can at least understand what the negative side of wanting to push through looks like and the importance of keeping your ego in check. Hindsight, I should have pulled out of the race immediately after realizing the injury reoccurring. I am not here to argue or start any trouble nor justify any/ all decisions. I just wanted to address the situation and personally apologize.
Quote Reply
Re: Marathon investigation. Does it matter cause she’s not fast? [Petrus101] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lol oh come on. If the story is she was mentally broken during the race, post race she mailed back the medal and then proceeds to fake 2 sets of data as evidence?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now this...this is cheating.

Blaming medication my ass.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Marathon investigation. Does it matter cause she’s not fast? [aavlee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aavlee wrote:
Lol oh come on. If the story is she was mentally broken during the race, post race she mailed back the medal and then proceeds to fake 2 sets of data as evidence?

And she not only sent the faked data to me, but to Ironman as well.

She claimed that she was offered a slot at the 70.3 World Championships at St George. Ironman also determined that she cheated there and she was disqualified. I don't think she was offered the spot.

In my conversation with her, she admitted she did not run the entire marathon distance.

Per the evidence presented in the article, it is my opinion as well as the timer's that she did not bike the entire course. Amanda admitted to what she thought I could prove, and nothing more. It was actually the photo that she sent me that confirmed her bike split was impossible.

http://www.marathoninvestigation.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cheating is cheating no matter if you're a BOP, MOP, or FOP. If what she said was true, she should have just DNFed herself and got off the course. Instead, she boasted about her finish and then lied over and over. Yes, that matters I think.
Quote Reply
Re: Marathon investigation. Does it matter cause she’s not fast? [Derek M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Derek M wrote:
aavlee wrote:

And she not only sent the faked data to me, but to Ironman as well.

She claimed that she was offered a slot at the 70.3 World Championships at St George. Ironman also determined that she cheated there and she was disqualified. I don't think she was offered the spot.

In my conversation with her, she admitted she did not run the entire marathon distance.

Per the evidence presented in the article, it is my opinion as well as the timer's that she did not bike the entire course. Amanda admitted to what she thought I could prove, and nothing more. It was actually the photo that she sent me that confirmed her bike split was impossible.

Regarding "qualified her for worlds" she might be technically correct. Some races have basically been handing out slots to anyone who will take them since so many are declining the trip overseas. I've heard that sometimes they can't even give them all away even if "qualifying" just meant finishing.

And as always, thank you and keep up the awesome work!

Too old to go pro but doing it anyway
http://instagram.com/tgarvey4
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So cutting both the bike and run courses and taking (what she believed to be) banned substances. Got it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
According to the post from Marathon Investigations, she finished the final bike portion 18K in 4 to 11 minutes faster than the pro males at Mont-Tremblant! So, contrary to the post title, Amanda appears on paper be quite fast ;-)

DFL > DNF > DNS
Last edited by: SallyShortyPnts: Aug 28, 18 13:33
Quote Reply
Re: Marathon investigation. Does it matter cause she’s not fast? [JRTX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JRTX wrote:
Cheating is cheating no matter if you're a BOP, MOP, or FOP. If what she said was true, she should have just DNFed herself and got off the course. Instead, she boasted about her finish and then lied over and over. Yes, that matters I think.

Spot on. Cheating is cheating. People need to be held accountable regardless if they are the first or last to finish.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Who was going to "catch her with drugs" if she just DNF'd herself? You can DNF without giving a blood and urine sample, right? I don't even understand that statement.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Petrus101 wrote:
Thinking about the “how many age group athletes use drugs” post. It seems to be a question of do we care if a 16+ hr finisher cheats? This is an interesting example to add to this discussion. She clearly cheated but she is a back of the pack athlete. Is course cutting as bad as using drugs to gain an advantage against your competitor? She is saying she cut the course to avoid being caught with drugs? Does It matter?

As a female AWA, she could possibly gain entry to the 70.3 WC. If she recorded base points for the 3 maximum races, she would not have been AWA. So yes, it matters

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Re: Marathon investigation. Does it matter cause she’s not fast? [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
On the Ironman Mont Tremblant page she is taking an active role in apologizing. This is a diversion from what is normally seen when someone is caught cheating. Kudos to her for owning it, but ... there is always a but...

She tried really hard to cover it up by falsifying garmin data. Plus she is still claiming her St. George timing issue was not because of course cutting. (A 1:51 on that course by a 2 1/2 hr stand alone half marathoner is not possible imo.)

This likely will go away because she is taking some responsibility, but I hope Ironman follows through with the same consequence they gave Julie Miller with a 2 year ban from Ironman events. It shouldn't matter where you placed in terms of punishment. She's been caught and dq'd. I hope they take the next step.

I'm not sure if she's more out in left field with her half acknowledgement of responsibility than she would be with the usual denial. She's getting a lot of love right now.

Train hard, race fair, be honest and accept ownership for your ability to race at a start line. These seem to be simple rules to live by. I'm not sure what drugs she took that caused her to hallucinate and fear drug testing but it must have been some good stuff. (I still don't get this. She cut the course to avoid drug testing?)

Big thank you to Marathon Investigation for hitting this head on.
Quote Reply
Re: Marathon investigation. Does it matter cause she’s not fast? [mbwallis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Who was going to "catch her with drugs" if she just DNF'd herself? You can DNF without giving a blood and urine sample, right? I don't even understand that statement. //

Dont worry, you dont understand it because it makes no sense, just more ramblings of a pathological cheater who just keeps digging a deeper hole. She initially got caught, then made up what she though would be plausible excuses, then those fell apart, and then more excuses. And in the end nothing makes any sense except the obvious, she is a doping cheater, premeditated and unapologetic. Trying to make sense of her ramblings is just futile, she probably cannot even recall the order in which she said them all in now either...
Quote Reply
Re: Marathon investigation. Does it matter cause she’s not fast? [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And I just want to remind everyone that is indignant to this cheating that this guy has single handily, turned otherwise blatant cheaters into the internet sensations that they so cherish. Just not exactly like they had hoped though..(-;

I just donated again to his efforts, it is super easy and you can use PayPal too!!!

Quote Reply
Re: Marathon investigation. Does it matter cause she’s not fast? [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
And I just want to remind everyone that is indignant to this cheating that this guy has single handily, turned otherwise blatant cheaters into the internet sensations that they so cherish. Just not exactly like they had hoped though..(-;

I just donated again to his efforts, it is super easy and you can use PayPal too!!!

Thanks!
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

Quote Reply
Re: Marathon investigation. Does it matter cause she’s not fast? [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Done.. thanks for the reminder.

monty wrote:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, it does matter. It always matters.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Petrus101 wrote:
Done.. thanks for the reminder.

monty wrote:

Thank you! You guys are the best!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It matters. I am super BOP, flirting-with-cutoffs BOP, and it matters to me. Why should anyone get a medal (time, ranking, award, accolade, bragging rights, whatever) that they didn't earn fair and square?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes it matters a great deal.

So what is it with females of similar age cheating as of late? And, another Canadian.
Quote Reply
Re: Marathon investigation. Does it matter cause she’s not fast? [UK2ME] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed. From another BOPer, it matters because no matter how long the race, for some of us it can be a real struggle to get to that finish line. We train hard. And those dark, intrusive thoughts sometimes wander in during a really difficult run saying “take a shortcut.” The honor lies in not listening, doing the work and finishing the entire distance under your own power.

I may not be fast, but once I get going, it is hard to stop me...
Quote Reply
Re: Marathon investigation. Does it matter cause she’s not fast? [UK2ME] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
UK2ME wrote:
It matters. I am super BOP, flirting-with-cutoffs BOP, and it matters to me. Why should anyone get a medal (time, ranking, award, accolade, bragging rights, whatever) that they didn't earn fair and square?

Yep to you and BigPat and everyone else FOP, BOP, or elsewise. Everyone deserves a fair day against the competition if they put on a number for an event with rules.

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that speed, for lack of a better word, is good. Speed is right, Speed works. Speed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.
Quote Reply
Re: Marathon investigation. Does it matter cause she’s not fast? [Skyline Chili] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Skyline Chili wrote:
Yes it matters a great deal.

So what is it with females of similar age cheating as of late? And, another Canadian.

But is there a double letter? Cause I'm not convinced until I see that. /s
Quote Reply
Re: Marathon investigation. Does it matter cause she’s not fast? [Durhamskier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don’t know who the bigger ass is

1. These BOP people who cheat

2. The website owners who waste their life doing all this research and reporting them

3. Me for reading this crap

Pretty sure it’s #3
Quote Reply

Prev Next