Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Magonite Liquid Magnesium
Quote | Reply
Has anyone ever used this product? If I use Endurolytes, is there still a need to use this product?
Quote Reply
Re: Magonite Liquid Magnesium [Greyhound] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've used it. It will give your water or sports drink a slightly different taste. Not bad, just different. I don't know if it made any difference for cramping or performance.

Endurolytes also have magnesium and I use those regularly. They have definitely helped me, but I have no idea which of the 6 electroytes in the capsules is working for me. These electrolyte supplements are all about personal physiology and experimentation. If you want extra magnesium but not the potassium, sodium, etc in Endurolytes then Magonate is for you. If your diet is magnesium deficient, maybe this will be like a magic elixir. For others, all that magnesium might just give you the runs.

I know Craig Walton endorses the product as solving his cramping problems. But I have reason to believe that Walton's cramping problems have a lot more to do with hammering the bike than electrolytes.

That's all I know today.

Kyle Handley
Quote Reply
Re: Magonite Liquid Magnesium [Greyhound] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm fairly skeptical about it for a few reasons. For one, I don't think the amount you lose in sweat is anywhere near that of the sodium you lose. I think it's far more likely that your sodium levels will drop to performance reducing levels long before magnesium loss is an issue. The other issue I have is that if you're magnesium deficient, it takes a while through oral supplementation to bring your magnesium levels back up. I highly doubt it has any effect on performance for that reason. What I would be concerned with is that large amounts of magnesium taken orally can have a laxative effect. Not something you want on the bike. Having said all that, I've never tried the product and certainly can't say for sure that it's crap. :)
Quote Reply