Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Mac and Cinqo
Quote | Reply
I'm expecting my quarq cinqo in the coming days (thanks Rich for the nice ST discount!)
Comes with the Garmin 705. Anyone here uses it with a mac?
What are the options in terms of softwares working with mac directly?

You can chime in with VMWare, Parallels, etc. but you'd have to make it very convincing ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Mac and Cinqo [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A friend of mine uses the 705 with the Golden Cheetah software on a Mac and says it works well.

Brandon Marsh - Website | @BrandonMarshTX | RokaSports | 1stEndurance | ATC Bikeshop |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ST discount? Where?

I use WKO+ through VMWare, it's a bit of a pain. If I forget to close it and the computer goes to sleep, it can corrupt the calendar file... then you have to create a new athlete and reimport all the data.

Raceday and Golden Cheetah are your native Mac options. I wonder if the new PowerAgent (OS X native version available) will support garmin files?

Erik
Strava
Last edited by: mcdoublee: Dec 4, 09 9:20
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
where is this discount?

Ride Scoozy Electric Bicycles
http://www.RideScoozy.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where did you get the discount from? I have bought two units now without a discount?

Did you get it directly from Quarq?

Thanks,
Ken

"the trick is to keep losing weight until your friends and family ask you if you've been sick. then you know you're within 10 pounds. if they start whispering to each other, wondering if you've got cancer or aids, you're within 5. when they actually do an intervention, you're at race weight." - Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use a CinQo and sync exclusively to Mac, although I use a Garmin 310XT as my head unit rather than a 705. All of Garmin's software runs natively on Mac so you can sync your 705 and upload all of your data to the crappy Garmin Training Center as well as online to Garmin Connect. That doesn't do any meaningful analysis on your power data, but at least you can see it. I also run Ascent natively on Mac which prior to getting my Quarq was my primary fitness tracker. As others have mentioned, if you want WKO-esque features then you have Raceday and Goldencheetah that also are native applications. I have been using Goldencheetah but I haven't had my Quarq for long so I"m still figuring out what I like best.

Just a general commentary about the whole VMWare or Parallels thing, I use Parallels and I find it very convienent but not entirely adequate for certain things, it has issues with CompuTrainer for example. If you are concerned about compatibility then just use BootCamp.
Quote Reply
Re: Mac and Cinqo [redtdi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Contact IrondickNixon directly for information. Very helpful.
Quote Reply