Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

MRI question about the knee
Quote | Reply
Left knee scope January 29th w lateral meniscus repair, plica removal and chondroplasty. Been having worse issues than before surgery. Finally got another MRI after I kept complaining. He tried cortisone a few weeks back which didn't help.

MRI after the cortisone came back and it says I have hoffa's knee/fat pad impingement and surgeon said there wasn't any sign of meniscus problems, however I read the report and it says...

There is new abnormal horizontal -oblique signal intensity extending from the lateral meniscus anterior horn-body junction through out the body which is consistent w non displaced tear. The report also stated it was new when compared to the prior exam.

My doctor specifically told me there wasn't anything wrong w my meniscus, but I'm reading different. The portion he fixed was the posterior part and report talks about the anterior portion. I have symptoms of locking when straightening and feel catching, which could be fat pad, but I still feel like I have a meniscus tear.

Thoughts?
Quote Reply
Re: MRI question about the knee [seadocha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thought: Take this to another dr for a 2nd opinion, not an anonymous message board. Seriously, it's too important.
Quote Reply
Re: MRI question about the knee [marklemcd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am going to someone else however they can’t see me until mid next week... the anxiety is horrible
Quote Reply
Re: MRI question about the knee [marklemcd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
marklemcd wrote:
Thought: Take this to another dr for a 2nd opinion, not an anonymous message board. Seriously, it's too important.

This..... Had a meniscus tear and MRI showed mcl tear. Doc said no mcl problem....Go get 2nd opinion!!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: MRI question about the knee [seadocha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
seadocha wrote:
I am going to someone else however they can’t see me until mid next week... the anxiety is horrible
Yeah, that feeling is terrible. I've never had that experience with knee issues, but in 2012 it took doctors nearly a month to diagnose my collapsed lung. It was a mentally rough month... receiving the phone call telling me to get to the hospital so that a surgeon could punch a tube into my chest came as a huge relief.
Quote Reply