Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Lucy Charles Shiv with Aeria Ultimate Hydration system
Quote | Reply
Anyone notice Lucy Charles running the aeria ultimate on her Shiv for IM SA (instagram video)?

What does that add over the inbuilt bladder system ..
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles Shiv with Aeria Ultimate Hydration system [mmcd88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ugliest bottle ever.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles Shiv with Aeria Ultimate Hydration system [mmcd88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mmcd88 wrote:
Anyone notice Lucy Charles running the aeria ultimate on her Shiv for IM SA (instagram video)?

What does that add over the inbuilt bladder system ..

Potentially reduces drag at yaw. Also, used in conjunction with the frame bladder, she can hydrate and fuel while never leaving aero.

For example, run high caloric liquids in the frame bladder for fueling, and use the Aeria bottle for pure water. So she would just need to refill the Aeria bottle with water at aid stations.

She’s likely to ride off the front the whole race, so staying in aero is very important. No sitting up in the pack to hydrate and fuel.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles Shiv with Aeria Ultimate Hydration system [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Saw that Rinny is running a similar system on her IA. internal bladder and torpedo, I think....

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles Shiv with Aeria Ultimate Hydration system [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fastest bottle ever, too (that isn't specifically made for a single bike).

It's spot-on so far with everything I have adapted it to.

However, I don't think I am going to bother building a bracket for my Shiv.
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles Shiv with Aeria Ultimate Hydration system [chicanery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
anyone have a link to pic or vid? i didn’t see it on her instagram page.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles Shiv with Aeria Ultimate Hydration system [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it was a story
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's HOT!!! That's a lot of integrated hydration.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles Shiv with Aeria Ultimate Hydration system [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You’re crazy!! That thing is the best looking front hydration on the market. My only gripe (and there is always at least one with front ended hydration) is that cleaning interior of bottle isn’t particularly easy. It is functional, like very fast, straw is very nice with magnet and holds for it, fairly solid placement of computer, very stable etc
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: Apr 13, 18 14:07
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles Shiv with Aeria Ultimate Hydration system [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Story attached.

Looks like the Aeria stem/hydration with ENVE basebar and extensions, and Revolver cups/pads.

Shiv Fuelselage is not in the frame.
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles Shiv with Aeria Ultimate Hydration system [c.mont.811] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
c.mont.811 wrote:
Story attached.

Looks like the Aeria stem/hydration with ENVE basebar and extensions, and Revolver cups/pads.

Shiv Fuelselage is not in the frame.

All the photos from South Africa show that she used the fuselage bladder as well.

Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles Shiv with Aeria Ultimate Hydration system [c.mont.811] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anne Haug was using the PD Aeria bottle, too, but on a tririg front end (I think that on facebook Nick/tririg said it was attached via the BTA mount).
Last edited by: dand: Apr 18, 18 14:30
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles Shiv with Aeria Ultimate Hydration system [dand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wait can you use the system without the pd bars and stem?
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles Shiv with Aeria Ultimate Hydration system [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As per PD, you only need the stem (i.e. you can use the hydration with any bars as long as you're running the PD stem), but seems like there could be workarounds, at least with the Tririg? I'm only going off the image of the hydration on Haug's bike a comment on FB -- I don't know how it was rigged, how well it fit or didn't fit, etc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the fucking stem and nose bottle thing weighes 4lbs
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles Shiv with Aeria Ultimate Hydration system [Constantine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ugh...the stem and bottle combined are under a kilo.Add the aeria bar you're still under 1.5 kilos.

Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles Shiv with Aeria Ultimate Hydration system [dand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you have a link to the FB post? I'd be curious how it works with the TriRig frontend.

Coach at TriForce Triathlon Team: https://www.triforceteam.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
Ugliest bottle ever.

x2
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles Shiv with Aeria Ultimate Hydration system [Skyline Chili] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Skyline Chili wrote:
BryanD wrote:
Ugliest bottle ever.

x2

Reminds me of one of those big old steal lunch boxes my had back in the lates 60s or early 70s. So ya, ugly x3, but it probably functions well.
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles Shiv with Aeria Ultimate Hydration system [asellerg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
asellerg wrote:
Do you have a link to the FB post? I'd be curious how it works with the TriRig frontend.

Also curious, and does anybody have any better images illustrating how the PD stem and hydration system integrate with one another? What the fittings are etc?

Thanks,
Rich.
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles Shiv with Aeria Ultimate Hydration system [asellerg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't have a link to the FB (I'm not on FB, and just went to the Tririg FB page as a non-logged-in visitor and saw the picture/comments).

I'm guessing the PD bottle is rigged to the BTA mount, not the stem? Check pic 25 (esp. the hi-res version) and zoom in the race gallery here: http://www.triathlete.com/...de-pro-action_319968

You can see daylight where the bottle would fit around a PD stem -- so clearly not integrated as it would be with PD stem but I guess still takes advantage of the bottle shape and ability to use the fairing on the lower portion.
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles Shiv with Aeria Ultimate Hydration system [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ll try to take some later; they slide and “click” together and then press a small lever to pull them apart.
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: Apr 19, 18 6:00
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles Shiv with Aeria Ultimate Hydration system [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Aeria Hydration "clicks" into the tab on the far left. That tab bolts into the Aeria stem.

I'm considering snagging one of the Aeria hydration systems and figuring out a way to mount the Aeria tab, as I like my position and the Shiv aerobars. Nothing a little creativity can't overcome!

Last edited by: c.mont.811: Apr 19, 18 6:54
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
c.mont.811 wrote:

I'm considering snagging one of the Aeria hydration systems and figuring out a way to mount the Aeria tab, as I like my position and the Shiv aerobars. Nothing a little creativity can't overcome!

Just because drilling the stem scares the heck out of me ...

An alternative I thought about when I was trying to sort the same problem was to buy a Barfly alloy di2 'lollypop' mount. It's a steertube spacer-type mount that installs on the steertube in place of a 5mm (?) spacer, and has a two or three inch extension that sticks out front, and would run beneath, but parallel to, the stem. Anyhow ... drilling into that contraption, and attaching the mount for the aeria to it (instead of compromising the stem), just seemed much cleaner.

(But I never got around to it, because the extensions on my particular bars were too narrow to accommodate the Aeria).
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles Shiv with Aeria Ultimate Hydration system [davetallo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
davetallo wrote:
Just because drilling the stem scares the heck out of me ...

An alternative I thought about when I was trying to sort the same problem was to buy a Barfly alloy di2 'lollypop' mount. It's a steertube spacer-type mount that installs on the steertube in place of a 5mm (?) spacer, and has a two or three inch extension that sticks out front, and would run beneath, but parallel to, the stem. Anyhow ... drilling into that contraption, and attaching the mount for the aeria to it (instead of compromising the stem), just seemed much cleaner.

(But I never got around to it, because the extensions on my particular bars were too narrow to accommodate the Aeria).

Completely agree. Wouldn't be my first choice, I have my base bar set on the "rear" setting on the Aerostem and it bolts through the bars. There's a good amount of material in the Aerostem, but your idea is intriguing as well - will definitely give it a try!
Quote Reply

Prev Next