Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Lucy Charles 15min 5k
Quote | Reply
Seems my reply in Lucy thread deleted, but I believe it's a valid question rather than troll post. She mentioned her short course and running speed improving . Yet with the recent adoption of all run folk going to the Nike shoes.. did she really improve? 15min 5k is what Gwen Jorgensen pulled a while back.. is she at Gwen's level? this pseudo improvement meaningless also, as the faster runners in IM also adopting the shoes.... As we saw Anne take the win.
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles 15min 5k [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did her post delete too? Because none of her posts say anything about a 15min 5k.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
Seems my reply in Lucy thread deleted, but I believe it's a valid question rather than troll post. She mentioned her short course and running speed improving . Yet with the recent adoption of all run folk going to the Nike shoes.. did she really improve? 15min 5k is what Gwen Jorgensen pulled a while back.. is she at Gwen's level? this pseudo improvement meaningless also, as the faster runners in IM also adopting the shoes.... As we saw Anne take the win.

15m for the 5k? no way unless Lucy enters this thread and proves me I am wrong. running like that is being at the top of the ITU runners (zaferes, T-Brown, Gentle, Beaugraud, Klamer)....
IM and half IM training does not allow such a high speed... I am not saying she is not capable, but 15m is crazy fast. The brittish record in track is 14.29 by Paula Radclife....I think there must be 2-3 ITU girls below 16m in the 5k flat in track....

Spaniard. Sorry for my english for the sensitive ones :P
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought the comment was in regard to what Reece, her husband could or did do following his 2:34 marathon. He is actually a quite good triathlete esp considering his fast twitch background in swimming. Lucy is a great athlete but I doubt she could go sub 1630.
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles 15min 5k [juanillo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
see my post above. she never said that she could run a 15min 5k, so.....

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles 15min 5k [J7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is the first mention of a 15min 5k (quotes are messed up in the post). It appears that turdburgler is the one who can run low 15's.

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=7123990#p7123990

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think you might be thinking about this post which was actually from turdburgler and not her:

Quote:
I went to uni in America to swim D1 and swam similar short events. Biking for me was easy, but no way I've been close to a 2:34. Running has taken me 10 years of effort to get to a 2:47. I can crack of a 15 ish minute 5k too, but the distance running still takes and inordinate amount of work after all of these years and my shorter events running don't seem to translate in to what I can do when I run over 30k or so.
Granted I didn't follow that thread super closely but I don't recall her saying that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Her 5k PB was reported as 16:25 in October of last year

https://www.tri247.com/...clay-kona-2019-zwift
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles 15min 5k [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 My serious apologies then . Hard to follow a quote train in reposts . Then thanks to the mod who did delete my post
Last edited by: synthetic: Jan 14, 20 11:28
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles 15min 5k [RobK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles 15min 5k [chrisb7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chrisb7 wrote:
16:25 looks correct https://www.thepowerof10.info/...spx?athleteid=768102[/url]

One note of caution I would make with this is this time was at a parkrun, which can vary somewhat in accuracy.

Clearly she's made big improvements over the last few years. While it would be really intriguing to see her in ITU, I think the reality is she'd probably be tier 2 of the UK athletes, with some level success on certain courses.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
My serious apologies then . Hard to follow a quote train in reposts . Then thanks to the mod who did delete my post

Welcome😉

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles 15min 5k [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
synthetic wrote:

Welcome😉

So what happened while I was off ST? I posted in that thread about Reece and his potential and then turdburgler commented on his own experience as a swimmer turned tri guy and suddenly people think turdburgler's times are Lucy's and a bunch of posts got canned and the thread locked?

And lance was not even mentioned once in the thread and it still got locked ?
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles 15min 5k [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
think it was something to do with people asking heaps and heaps of questions, where it starts to turn into something resembling cross examination. which seems to be a typical slow twitch triathlete thing. pro turns up here and then you get some people asking 20 questions in one post.
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles 15min 5k [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Slowman wrote:
synthetic wrote:

Welcome😉

So what happened while I was off ST? I posted in that thread about Reece and his potential and then turdburgler commented on his own experience as a swimmer turned tri guy and suddenly people think turdburgler's times are Lucy's and a bunch of posts got canned and the thread locked?

I explained it clearly right before i locked it

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles 15min 5k [Adman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Adman wrote:
One note of caution I would make with this is this time was at a parkrun, which can vary somewhat in accuracy.

I've run the same ParkRun and can confirm it's accurate distance.
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles 15min 5k [Joshua_L] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Joshua_L wrote:
Adman wrote:

I've run the same ParkRun and can confirm it's accurate distance.

Fair enough. Flat or hilly?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
when i said top top ITU girls can barely go below 16m fir the 5k flat, I was meaning 15.30, in track...zaferes, taylor brown, stanford, Gentle maybe Rappaport, Klamer.
Improving 1m,or 45sec at this level is super difficult...
I wish Lucy can give a go in the 2024 olympics.

Spaniard. Sorry for my english for the sensitive ones :P
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Adman wrote:
Fair enough. Flat or hilly?
It is predominately flat, one small hill on each of the two laps.
20-21meter elevation gain over the 5.00km
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles 15min 5k [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
Slowman wrote:
synthetic wrote:

Welcome😉

I explained it clearly right before i locked it

Ok but now we need a link to turdburgler's 15 min 5km!!! Maybe he is really Frodo and was jogging around with Emma and worried about being beaten by his wife
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles 15min 5k [juanillo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 Ok aside of my screw up, was really looking forward to Lucy doing at least 1 ITU race. Even better would be her and Ryf in the same race
Last edited by: synthetic: Jan 15, 20 9:02
Quote Reply