Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Low RBC/WBC counts...cause for concern? [jhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If your helathy and your lymphocytes are a little low, it's probably normal. Perisistent granulocytes less than 1500 are asociated with some opportunistic infections.

The indicies (MCV, MCH, MCHC) vary some by lab. We have one lab that is always giving high MCV's. ( Kids values are lower than adults, the younger they are, the lower the MCV. )

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Re: Low RBC/WBC counts...cause for concern? [KimBrown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kim and everyone else,
FWIW, 'the FLU' is NOT an intestinal virus. It is a very sudden onset of severe lethargy (lassitude), aches and pains, intense sleepiness and then increasing cough and congestion. After 36-48 hours of that, you still have the high fevers, but are less exhausted. Your cough and congestion are worse and you still hurt all over. After 36-48 hours of that, you cough and are weak for 2 weeks. Fun! huh!?

Your poor intake could explain the BUN and creatinine. Viral illnesses often decrease your white blood counts for a while.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Re: Low RBC/WBC counts...cause for concern? [docfuel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello,

There has to be someone out there talented enough to turn threads on this "forum" into a weekly half hour sitcom. Think "Crank Yankers".

Kim..... have you ever had bloodwork done before that could help determine a baseline? Also, I may have skipped over your reply to the question regarding what the "doc" that did the bloodwork said. If not, what did she say?

Hope all is well,

Brian
Quote Reply
Re: Low RBC/WBC counts...cause for concern? [pedalincoastal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great feedback docfuel...thanks!

As for what my doc said, it was actually a nurse assistant who drew the blood...not even sure my doc looked at the lab values. The nurse didn't say anything to me. Gotta love urgent care, the only place I can get an appt day of to address a medical issue. I got my blood drawn as part of an annual physical. As for previous bloodwork, I have a hx of anemia, hypoglycemia, elevated cholesterol (although my ratio is good) but never have had red flags come up with WBC, RBC, and kidney function tests. I am sure it is nothing but all this feedback has been helpful ( :

Healthy trails,

Kim Mueller-Brown, MS, RD

Sports Nutritionist

www.kbnutrition.com

Kim Mueller, MS, RD
Sports Nutritionist
http://www.kbnutrition.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next