Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Love the pain or Wattie Ink
Quote | Reply
Anyone out there raced/ trained in either the Love the Pain Tri Speed Suit or the Wattie Ink 2.0 Tri Speed suit?? I am racing Ironman next year and want something that is comfortable to wear all day. Any feedback is appreciated

Thank you
Quote Reply
Re: Love the pain or Wattie Ink [CvilleJames] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If your race is next year that might not be enough time to get a Love The Pain suit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lol,

Not sure if love the pain is out of business yet...

There is a pretty awesome thread about them on here if you use the search function.

Long story short don’t limit yourself to the two choices mentioned.

No comment on WI, but don’t limit yourself to two choices.

Plenty of republican vendors on here such as desoto and kiwami.

Maurice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you are interested in a custom suit. Take a look at Ownway.

I’m really happy with mine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I recommend you consider DeSoto Sport...maybe look into Kiwami as well. I can not recommend WI at all...and I have worn their offerings...
Quote Reply
Re: Love the pain or Wattie Ink [zooropa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I raced in Wattie Ink shorts last year. I recommend them.

I’ve been dealing with Innerforce on a custom kit for next season. It’s been a great experience and I’m hoping to have the kit design finalized tomorrow. They helped me make 4-5 changes tonight within minutes and sent pictures as they updated. Can’t speak to the quality of the kit but the customer service is excellent.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whatever you do, DON'T buy Love the Pain!

So these two threads were started about the same time and around when I joined the forum last year giving you all of the pain we chased to get our stuff that took months and months: https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...livering.__P6500233/

Hmm the link for the other seems dead.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Love the pain or Wattie Ink [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I vote for Zoot. Very comfortable and I'm very picky about tri suits. I own several of them from different brands and Zoot gets my vote. I use a sleeved full kit.
Quote Reply
Re: Love the pain or Wattie Ink [SBRinSD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
x2
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sleeved aero kit from Wattie Ink. yes, I'm biased, so take that with a grain of salt.
I've raced in many other brands, and I would pay a premium for Wattie Ink kits regardless. I've even used the tri shorts for the Belgian Waffle Ride (140+ miles).

It may not be revolutionary, but the flush pockets on the hips are great for a gel or two. The aero tri jersey also has small pockets that come in handy. Little touches around the zipper and leg/arm/waist bands make a noticeable difference for comfort too.

--------------------------------------------
TEAM F3 Undurance
Quote Reply
Re: Love the pain or Wattie Ink [Multisportsdad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok - So Wattie Ink it is, however I have heard they fit a little "short" on the tops. I am 6'2 and usually wear large tops (40 -42 jacket size) but I am worried about the tops being short bc I have had HORRIBLE sun burns in some longer course tris in the past. So, do they fit short or not? Meaning will my lower back be hanging out in the aero position and then my belly for the run??

Thanks for the help!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think they actually are long. I’m 5’9” and currently use the medium aero top and I’m considering small for next season, mostly for less length. I’ve had no issues with exposed skin around the waist with the medium.

--------------------------------------------
TEAM F3 Undurance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CvilleJames wrote:
Ok - So Wattie Ink it is, however I have heard they fit a little "short" on the tops. I am 6'2 and usually wear large tops (40 -42 jacket size) but I am worried about the tops being short bc I have had HORRIBLE sun burns in some longer course tris in the past. So, do they fit short or not? Meaning will my lower back be hanging out in the aero position and then my belly for the run??

Thanks for the help!

Consider a 1-piece and you won't ever again experience the sunburn tramp stamp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Speedsuit bro, Speedsuit.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Love the pain or Wattie Ink [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use a Zoot Ultra - love it,!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CvilleJames wrote:

Thanks for the help!

Get the 1 piece speedsuit. Im built similar to you and regardless of brand, I get the tramp stamp sunburn in a 2 piece kit.
Quote Reply
Re: Love the pain or Wattie Ink [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nothing says "I'm trying too hard to look edgy" than those two brands.

29 years and counting
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anybody have any opinions on Wynn Republic? I like their designs, and the founders are Beth & Luke McKenzie.
Quote Reply