Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Louis Garneau Winter clothing
Quote | Reply
Anyone familiar with their winter gear? I really like the brand, but can't figure out the differences between the various models (ETS, XC, Trainer etc)...
Looking and being warm from head to toes :-)
Last edited by: Francois: Dec 4, 09 8:21
Quote Reply
Re: Louis Garneau Winter clothing [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great stuff! My team's kit is LG. The presitge jacket is very warm. I never put it on unless it's less than 40F. I'm looking forward to picking up a pair of HeatMaxx knickers for the winter.
Quote Reply
Re: Louis Garneau Winter clothing [kangelly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmmm, right now the high here is below 40 already... ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't think there's much of a difference; I think these are just names assigned to the different items.

cs@sbrshop.com
http://www.sbrshop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Louis Garneau Winter clothing [SBRshop.com] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
$20 difference on a pair of gloves from XC race to ETS...there has to be a difference aside from the price...I'd think.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i have the women's version of the powerblock jacket:

http://www.louisgarneau.com/...EN_POWERBLOCK_JACKET

and used it as my cycling and running jacket with a 220g merino longsleeve shirt down to about -25c last year comfortably. with just a tri top on underneath, i was comfy in it for a 42k ride at 8c on an overcast day (no sun warming from black jacket). handy pockets (1 zippered each side on front which double as inside pockets, 2 jersey-style on back with one small zip pocket overtop of one of the jersey-type pockets, 1 small arm pocket w/opening for headphone cord), nice cord management, zipper garage, zipper tabs that can be manipulated in gloves.

also have the wind tex eco flex gloves:

http://www.louisgarneau.com/..._TEX_ECO_FLEX_GLOVES

which i use for running from about 3c down to -5c, and cycling from 12c down to about 5c. have another pair of gloves, similar to the techno, which are heavier w/thinsulate lining that are great for running down to -25c and cycling down to below 0c.

cheers!

-mistress k

Last edited by: mistressk: Dec 4, 09 9:26
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same here - I love their product.

I have their WIND TEX ECO FLEX GLOVES - love them and wear these until it gets below freezing. I also have their Wind Tec shoe covers - don't see them on their website anymore - I like these shoe covers so much I bought a 2nd pair just to have "in case". Same as above - I can generally wear these until the temps get to about freezing then I'll need to double up on them or wear warmer shoes or booties. and just realized i have the MEN OSLO TIGHTS - again nothing but a good product that keeps me very warm.

Now that you bring it up, I wish I could find a clearance sale on some LG products :)

Michael
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Hmmm, right now the high here is below 40 already... ;-)

you should move. You aren't going to survive the winter. :)
Quote Reply